Chapter Seven

Flashback to when you and Kara first became friends.

Kara's POV

I sat up in bed and grinned. I saw Y/N laying on the couch with my cape over her as a blanket. I stood and walked over to her, fixing my cape so it was evenly spread out over her. I walked back into my room and sat on the bed to put some shoes on.

"Kara? Come back to bed." I kissed Lena on the forehead. "You should be on bed rest."

"Sorry, babe." I grabbed my coat. "I need to leave early if I want to get to work on time."

"You should walk to work, soak up more sunlight." Lena sat up and looked at me lovingly.

"The reason I have to walk to work is that I can't soak up the sunlight." I smiled and kissed her again, this time on the lips. "I'll be home later this afternoon. Look after Y/N for me."

That Night

I opened the door slowly, slightly aware that I couldn't hear anything coming from the loft. I looked around at the different sections of the room. I saw nothing. Until I heard a sound and felt something hit my chest. I looked down at the floor where a bullet was laying. But not a regular bullet.

"Really? You guys are children." I put my bag on the ground and took off my coat. "Where's my Nerf gun?" I whined. "Y/N?" No reply. "Lena?" I suddenly felt a whistle in my ear, then I could hear very quiet giggling behind the kitchen counter, along with all the sounds of the city that I was used to. "I have my powers back. You should be careful."

"Boo!" Y/N jumped up and fired about a dozen bullets at me. I laughed and raised my arms to shield my face, even though I didn't need to. "Got you!" I let out a slight giggle, walking slowly to behind the counter to where Lena was in fits on the ground, hysterical.

"Seriously? You know this sets women back, like, thirty years, right?" I smirked at Lena as she sat up. I offered my hand out to help her up. She took it and I pulled her up quickly, kissing her as soon as she was upright.

"Ew, get a room."

"Says you. Little miss, I'm going to PDA in front of my boss." Lena retorted and I stared at her. "Oh yeah." Lena nodded.

"Y/N!" I laughed. "With who? Who's the 'mystery guy'?" 

"His name is... Mike? I think." I cringed at the thought of Mon-El. I clenched my jaw and sighed, looking at Lena. She shook her head to tell me it definitely wasn't who I thought.

"I'm um..." I tried to change the subject to stop myself from breaking down in tears. "I'm going to... get changed. You guys can pick a movie." They both nodded.

I sat on the bed. It had been ages since everything happened with him but I still felt the pain of losing Mon-El. We had gotten notified about the pod's destruction almost a month after I sent him away. Up until then, I had hope that he had made it at least somewhere safe but I suspected and feared that he was dead. When we were told, I could barely breathe. Half the reason Lena and I became an item was because she was there for me since he died.

"Kara." Y/N was standing at the doorway. "I'm sorry about before."

"What? Oh, Rao, no!" I shook my head and stood, pulling her in for a hug. "That wasn't your fault. I'm just still, after all these years, dealing with his loss." She pulled away.

"It makes sense." She furrowed her brow. "I know we don't really know each other too well but..."

"Friends?" I offered. She smiled, her eyes glassy with tears. Seeing her cry made me start to cry. I wrapped my arms around her again, happy to finally have another friend I knew I could count on.

Lena's POV

"Y/N..." I started.

"Yeah?"

"Now that Kara's gone, I need to tell you something."

"She won't be gone for too long so you might want to make it quick." I scoffed at Y/N's reference to Kara's ability to go get potstickers in record time.

"Yeah, uh. Kara's not okay. She hit her head pretty badly in that accident." I didn't know how else to word it. Y/N was the first to be there when the earthquake hit, she deserved to know. "She has brain damage that will mean certain things will trigger... episodes."

"Episodes of what? Will she be okay?" The worry in Y/N's voice was warranted but I had a feeling she cared a little too much about Kara. My 'spidey-senses' were indicating this stranger was quite closeted but I didn't bring it up. It wasn't my place to tell someone else that they aren't straight.

"Yeah, mostly. The doctors said that they don't know what they will be like but they will most likely be fear or anger related. Or both." I sighed. "I also have this connection with her where I feel whatever she feels. Physical, emotional, all of it. We figured out a way to make the connection weaker. Now I only feel the physical side of things if I want to."

"Oh." She muttered. "So every time she... you know... you feel it too." I nodded and mouthed 'yep'.

"Are you okay?" I noticed she was staring at the floor. She was about to talk when Kara came through the window with bags of potstickers. We both stared at the superhero.

"What?" She shrugged "They had a sale!"