Chapter Eleven

(Kara's POV because why not)

I had just finished fixing the hem of Y/N's dress when a knock came from my window. I turned around with a jolt, probably straining myself a little too much as I felt a twinge in my side. I ignored the pain and stood, rushing to the window.

"Lena, how..." I held her up, she was covered in bruises and heaving like a mad-man. It looked similar to the state I was in after Reign's beating.

"You need to help me." She wheezed. I helped her to the couch, the moment she sat down, she relaxed. "It didn't take much convincing to let me inside. Supergirl, you need to be more careful." I took a few steps back, trying to figure out who it might be in Lena's form.

"Who are you?"

"Just an old friend. Or should I say..." She shifted shape and I nearly fell to the ground at the sight of who it was. "Old guardian."

"Eliza... why are you doing this? It's Alex and me. What did we... I don't understand."

"You're both the reasons Jeremiah died." This woman that I had once loved didn't look upset or scared or any of those. She looked mad. Angry. "You stole him from me and that's why I want to make you pay."

"What did Alex do? Maybe, if you think hard enough, I killed him. But what did Alex do?"

"She accepts you. She... loves you." Eliza disappeared and I stood there for a moment before suddenly, everything went black and I woke up in bed.

"Good afternoon, love." I sat up. "You finished Y/N's wedding dress and then you crashed."

"Crashed?"

"Yeah, are you okay? Do you need me to call Alex?" Lena sat on the bed in the small space between my legs and the edge.

"No, no." I shook my head, then realised how much it was pounding. "I just... when did you get home?"

"When you were about halfway through. I told you to stop and rest but you insisted on finishing. Then you fell asleep on the couch and I called Kal to help me get you to bed."

"You didn't need to call my cousin." I didn't mean for it to sound that cold but after what he did while I was faking my death, I didn't trust him. He may have been being influenced by that yellow pill but it was still my cousin underneath that, he was stronger than a herb. 

"I take it you two aren't okay yet?"

"Let's just say..." I was cut off by a loud bang on the door. "Are you expecting anyone?"

"No, I wonder who it is." Lena furrowed her brow and opened the door. Y/N was standing there next to Alex who had a goofy grin on her face. "Hi!"

"Y/N!" I yelled and rushed to her. "You're glowing..."

"Wha..." Lena stuttered and I smirked at both of them. 

"I can hear it's heartbeat," I explained. "Congratulations you two."

"Oh, Kara!" Alex shook her head and laughed. "We wanted to make it a big surprise at the wedding."

"Which is today..." Lena said as she pulled Alex out of the apartment and I pulled Y/N through the doorway.

"What are you two doing?" Y/N raised an eyebrow and smiled at me. 

"Getting you both ready. We only have about five hours so..." I grabbed her hands and pulled her to where her dress was sitting. "Let's get you ready."

Alex's POV

I paced the stage in front of the celebrant. He kept giggling whenever I would start muttering to myself.