Stubborn Alpha

My heart faltered in my chest.

Reed.

Harley knows that Reed, my real mate, is here. He is going to try and get to Reed in order to get what he wants!

This plan was stupid and I should have listened better! Why did I think this was a good idea?! I am so stubborn and wanted this to be over, that I didn't even realize we would be delivering Reed on a silver platter.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I try to play off like he is wrong, but howls begin to ring in the distance.

The warriors. They are signalling that they've been ambushed and their telling us to be ready.

My dad, Asher. Reed. All of them back there fighting Harley's men.

And it's all my fault.

"No! Please! Leave them! Take me!" I beg, trying to think of anything to stop him.

Harley pretends to think about it before he snaps his fingers. Two men step forward and the minute Jaclyn sees them, she whimpers.

The sight cause the urge to fight him pump through my veins. I'm not weak and I will not go down without a fight.

I just can't do it on my own. I need Jaclyn to help me. I know that she has history with these men, but I wait for her eyes to meet mine.

When they do, I beg. I know she has helped so much and I know that I owe her my life already. Her wolf head nods once in understanding.

Taking a deep breath, I stomp my foot down has hard as I can on Harley's foot. When he lets go and growls in anger, I waste no time shifting to my wolf.

Jaclyn doesn't miss a beat, and she jumps to her feet, attacking the closest wolf to her. I don't think he was expecting Jaclyn to attack, because it was an easy kill for her. He didn't even have time to react.

We are still outnumbered three to one and I'm not going to lie, they have strength on their sides. But it isn't impossible.

We will just have to fight smarter not stronger.

Harley reaches his hand for me, ready to snatch and pull me away, but I snap my jaws at him.

I will not go willingly, even if it means death.

What's life without Reed anyway?

"Kill the bitch or keep her for fun, I don't care. But my mate is to stay alive." Harley sneer at his men, before moving to lean against a nearby tree.

I didn't miss the way Harley says alive instead of unharmed. He's willing to allow his men to rough me up as long as at the end of the day, he gets this fucking locket.

It sickens me though that he leaves his men to do the dirty work. Harley is a terrible leader and doesn't care who dies for him. Why do these men work for him anyway?

His men begin to circle around us. Jaclyn backs up to me, her tail brushing with mine in a way that says I got your back.

Snarls fill the air as our wolves clash together. Claws scratch at me and I whimper at the pain, but I don't stop. My jaws latch onto any part of the wolf that I can get.

I'm vulnerable on my back, I know, but the wolf is too strong and keeps me pinned. I kick with my paws and the wolf makes one mistake. He leans in to close and I see my chance.

My jaws lock on the wolf's neck. Blood fills my mouth and Rose revels in the taste. She presses our jaws tighter around his neck and in seconds, his throat is on the floor beside us.

I'm quick to my feet and I am thankful to see that Jaclyn is not only still alive, but finishing off another wolf.

Our chances are improving!

A howl carries through the air and without thinking of the consequences, Rose returns her mates call.

He's coming and I don't know if I should be happy or if I should panic.

I can see the smug look on Harley's face. This is exactly what he wanted. He wants Reed to come for me and he wanted him to be tired so the kill would be easier.

It would all be a sick notch in Harley's belt.

I can't let him win.

Jaclyn takes down another rogue and I see it as my chance to take down Harley once and for all.

I push past the two fighting wolves in front of me and ran straight towards the smirking bastard by the trees.

His stupid face infuriates me more and I push my legs to run faster, harder than I think I ever have before.

Rose is out for his blood.

No one threatens our mate. She says, growling as we run.

Before I can get any closer, A large dark color wolf, comes and lands directly in front of me.

I have no idea where he had come from, but I would now that smell anywhere.

Reed.

My heart sinks in my chest and I try to nip his tail to pull him behind me.

I can't let him die and I whimper when he doesn't budge.

I want to shift back into my human form and beg that he leave. But even if I pleaded and bribed, he would never actually listen.

Stupid, stubborn Alpha wolf!

Before I can even think of another plan, Reed shifts and faces a still smirking Harley.

Naked.

If I were in my human form, I would be a deep shade of red from the blush rising up my cheeks.

"Are you the son of a bitch that wants My Mate?" Reed's voice is more wild and deeper than I think I have ever heard before.

Dash has taken control and is now facing a monster.

Harley laughs and the mere sound sends a chill down my spine. I move to step in front of Reed, but he is quick to shoot his hand out blocking my path.

Look at those muscles in his back though. Rose purrs and as much as I know now isn't the time, she's got a point.

"I could ask you the same thing mutt!" Harley growls, his sinister smirk not once affecting Reed at all.

"I challenge you for the right to my mate!" Dash growls, snapping me out of my lustful thoughts.