Demo x Reader

Your P.O.V.

I was wandering around the base, getting the lay of the land. I needed to know if I were to function properly as a maid.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Ay, watch where you're goin', lass!" I stumbled back and dusted myself off.

"Sorry, sir. I wasn't paying attention. I'll watch where I'm going." I tried to move past him, but he fastened a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, lass." he burped mid-sentence. "I wasn't watching where I was going either, plus I'm drunk!" I giggled. He smiled and left me be, stumbling off.

I continued forward, wondering if all of them were as nice as him.

*Later~ MUCH later...*

Your P.O.V.

After their battle, they were beat. I made them dinner and left them to relax. I was glad that ceasefire day was soon, they needed a day off after a month of non-stop battles.

"Hello, leetle seester." I grinned up at Heavy.

"Hi, big brother! How many tiny babies did you kill today?" He grinned.

"I kill all of them three times, except Scout, for I lost count of how many times I kill." I giggled. He ruffled my hair.

"How was life at base for leetle seester?" I sighed.

"Same as usual, cleaning up everything. I got to play with Archimedes today, though." Heavy chuckles.

"Good. Even though you work, you need to find time for fun, hmm?" I nod.

"Thank you for your wise words, big brother." He nods and walks off to find his Doktor.

"Hey, lass? Wanna have a few rounds with me?" I turn and smile at Demo.

"As long as it doesn't turn into a drinking contest, sure. I'd love to." He smiles brightly and grabs my hand, dragging me to the rec room.

Everyone looks up when we enter. There are glasses full of booze set on the table. Everyone gathers round. I sigh. At least it's a drinking contest to begin with...

By my third glass, I'm drinking like a fish. Demo was drinking like a fish to begin with. The only reason I'm ahead is that he missed his mouth and spilt a few times, causing penalty seconds.

He's not far behind, though. I down my fourth just as he starts it. Soon enough, we're drink for drink, downing them like nobody's business.

Everyone's chanting, but I can't hear what they're saying. I just want to drink. Thank God I'm part Irish, otherwise, I never would have gotten this far.

Demo's getting a bit red in the cheeks, while I'm sure my whole face is flushed. We slam down our final empty glass at the same time, leaving everybody stunned.

"*burp* Hey, laaaass~" Demo leans heavily on me. I giggle loudly and wrap an arm around him.

"We're so drunk!" He laughs loudly and grabs his usual bottle from somewhere.

"Wanna get even drunker?" Before I can nod, Medic takes the bottle from his hands.

"Awwww, Doc! *hic* C'mon, lighten up a bit!" Medic sighs and steps back a bit when I reach for the bottle.

"Jou are both drunk off jour asses. Get to bed." Then I notice Demo's gone somewhere. I shrug and get up, almost immediately falling over. Demo caught me, though.

"That would've been quite a fall." He burps again and helps me up. I smile and fall into his arms.

"Thanks, Tavish..." He nods.

"Not at all. Now, it's getting a bit late. Medic's right, we need to get to a bed..." He chuckled and dragged me upstairs.

The rest was a blur. All I remember, is that Demo and I went into what I assumed was his room, he pulled me towards him, and I blacked out.

The next morning, I woke up in a pair of strong, toned arms, that looked like they carried the strength to kill a child. (jarateman)

I looked up at who the arms belonged to. It was Demo, of course, but he seemed calm for the first time in his life.

I shifted slowly to get a better look at his sleeping face. His eye was closed, the other without his eye patch. His mouth was slightly open, and now that I had turned, he was breathing slowly in my face. He snored softly as well.

I giggled quietly and nuzzled a bit closer to him. He was warm and inviting, smelling of old books and fine brandy for some reason. He also faintly smelled like AXE body spray, but it had clearly been applied weeks ago, because the smell didn't bother me.

He suddenly woke up, his eye shooting open, then looking at me in shock.

"Lass? Wait, what the bloody hell did we do last night?" He released his grip on me and sat up. I pouted for a moment, then sat up too, bringing the covers with me to cover myself.

"I don't know. You brought me in here, then I blacked out. I'm guessing we probably had sex." He groans and puts a hand to his head.

"I can't believe I did that...I wanted to let you know while I was somewhat sober, not after a bloody drinking contest..." I cast him a confused look.

"What do you mean?" He turned to look at me. I'll never forget the look he gave me. It was full of affection, compassion, and hurt.

He pulled me into a kiss. I quickly reciprocated, and we started making out. After we pulled away from each other, he smiled.

"I guess that's it, then? You like me back?" I nod and smile.

"I liked you ever since I first met you. You were funny and nice. You listened to me when nobody else cared." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Not the way I wanted to tell you, but this was probably the best possible outcome, eh?" I giggle and nod. He chuckles and pulls me into another kiss.

Suddenly, the overhead crackled.

"Demo, congratulations on getting laid and getting a girlfriend." Everyone in the background started cheering. I blushed furiously. Demo was fuming.

"Way to go, cyclops!" Demo gently pushed me off of him and started getting dressed.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting ready to kill those numbskulls for making a laughingstock out of you and me." I chuckled and got up too, starting to pull on my clothes.

"Mind if I help?" He laughed and kissed my cheek.

"I'd love it."