Scout X Reader

(credit to ElvisDitto on DeviantArt for this amazing cosplay photo! https://elvisditto.deviantart.com/art/Ready-for-an-ass-whoopin-TF2-Scout-Cosplay-586319957 )

Your P.O.V.

I was scrolling through the iFunny featured one fateful day, when Scout wandered up.

"Whatcha looking at, toots?" I show him the meme that I was currently looking at. He chuckles.

"Oh yeah, memes. Hey, you wanna go for a run? I'll get you some Taco Bell afterwards if you win." I smile.

"Sure thing, Scoot." I turn off my phone and get up, stretching a bit before going outside with him.

"On your mark..." I stretch a bit more.

"Get set..." I get into a good starting position.

"GO, GO, GO!" We both take off running. I'm a bit slower, but he tires out quickly. Then I put my back into it and reach the goal first.

"Hah! I won!" He groans.

"Okay, okay, let's go." I grab him and start walking to the bread van.

"No, no, no, wait, not that." I let him go and give him a curious look. He puffs out his chest, looking mighty proud of himself.

"I souped up a bike with Engie. Goes over a hundred on the freeways." My eyes widen.

"Really? That's so cool!" He nods and smirks.

"Unless you're chicken, we could take it for a spin." I nod excitedly.

"Let's go!" He leads me over to a tarp. He whips it off the bike. It was absolutely beautiful; cherry red with white accents, nice thick tires, and sturdy handlebars.

"Woah...she's beautiful." Scout mumbles something.

"What did you say?" He blushes and smiles.

"Nothing. Now c'mon, let's go!" He hops on, and I get behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist, and we speed off.

*after the ride*

"Woah, how much power did you put into that thing? It was really fast!" He chuckles.

"I honestly don't know. I just asked Engie to give it as much speed as he could while I worked on the body. He clearly did a fucking fantastic job. I'll have to thank him." I smile.

"It's good that you're thanking people. You're usually so cocky and don't thank anyone." He nods.

"Medic says I need manners. So, I've been working on it." We walk into the Taco Bell.

"Hello, can I take your order?" I smirk.

"Yes, I'll have two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda." The cashier starts laughing loudly.

"So you want two crunchwrap combos, one chalupa combo, and one steak quesadilla combo?" I nod.

"Don't forget the large soda." I turn to Scout, and he's giving me the dirtiest look. I laugh.

"What'll be the drinks for those combos?" I giggle.

"Diabetes in a cup, for all of them." The cashier laughs more.

"So four Skittles freezes, and a large soda." I nod. They pull out a large cup and lay it on the counter.

"Is that all?" I turn to Scout.

"You want anything? All the stuff I just ordered is mine." He rolls his eyes.

"Five dollar craving box, a loaded potato griller, and a can of Bonk!, please." They smile.

"What flavour?"

"Blue." The cashier nods and rings it up.

"$30.56, please." Scout hands over his card.

"When I said I'd take you to Taco Bell, I didn't expect you to load up for the next week and a half." I laugh and pat him on the shoulder.

"Nah, for the next hour. I'm a bottomless pit." He laughs and takes back his card.

"It'll be ready in a few minutes. Name for the order?"

"Scoot." Scout glares at me.

"Scoot? Okay..." I go sit down in a booth. Scout joins me.

"So why did you really drag me out here? You're prone to showing off, but manners? That will never be you." He freezes up for a second, then chuckles.

"I, uh, wanted to impress you." I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" He starts sweating.

"Just, you're one of my best friends, and you're cute- wAIT SHIT! I FUCKED UP!" He holds his head in his hands and groans while I laugh my ass off.

"So you like me? Like, like me like me?" He blushes madly and nods.

"Yeah. I, uh, didn't know how to tell you, so I thought it'd be best to do it alone so nobody laughed at me except you." I get kinda sad.

"Scout, I'm not laughing because you have feelings for me. I'm laughing because your reactions are funny. I'm not laughing at you, just what you do and say. Even though you're kind of an asshole, you're sweet, and you care a lot. I like you back." He grins.

"Really?!" I nod. He fist pumps.

"YESSSSSSSS!" I giggle and grab his hand, the one that isn't in the air.

"Hey, calm down. I wanna be wined and dined before I'm fucked." He chuckles.

"I got a bucket of chicken." I laugh, and the cashier from earlier comes up with our food.

"If you need drink carriers, just come up and ask." I nod and smile. They leave with a smile.

"So, you like to brag. How about you brag about me?" He chuckles and starts listing off the things he finds great about me. I smile and listen to him. After all, where else am I gonna find someone eager to please and goddamn adorable? I bet he has a mommy kink.