Epilogue

EPILOGUE

MRS. HELLMAN'S POV

When I found my only son lying dead on the floor of cell 308 was the first time I felt completely and utterly powerless. With this whole institution under my belt, I was always able to keep the patients in order and the secrets hidden. I had taken after my father instilling a strong authority throughout the place he had built. I was the leader of this building and I made that fact widely known. Nobody tested or questioned my actions.

But the second Harry arrived, I knew he was trouble. I knew what he had done at only twelve, and I knew that the unproven accusations against him while he was here were true. Where there was Harry Styles there were concerning complications.

So when he was readmitted I knew what to expect. I kept on my toes around the manipulative, malicious boy. I was watchful of his movements to keep the same mistakes from happening. But even still, everything was under my control. The only other problem then was Rose. She was great in the beginning, but proved to be disloyal when she started following him around. If only she knew what she had gotten herself into. If I told her who Harry truly was, she would have run scared from him, not away with him.

But that did not happen, so for now the two of them were a pair. And together they created an embarrassing mess that I had to clean up. They were dangerous. They were a threat to Wickendale's upkeep and spotless reputation. And, although I would only divulge this information in my thoughts, they were a matter that struck something close to fear within me.

They had escaped my institution and made a fool of its name, and of my name. They had destroyed the reputation of this place and they had destroyed my son along with it. Now all I had left was the pieces of Wickendale and the problem of glueing it back together.

They had left me like this, looking weak, embarrassed, and on my knees by my son's unmoving body while the first tear since I was a child slid down my cheek. And for this, they were going to pay.

I am going to give those two hell like they had given me. They are going to feel the pain that I feel now, staring at the dried blood covering my son's beautiful features. I am not only going to catch Wickendale's escapees but make them suffer. The media will marvel at the capturing of these two criminals, and everyone will think they are tucked safely away in the institution's cells once again. Things will return back to normal in the press after they return. But in reality Rose and Harry will be behind Wickendale's walls regretting what they had done. Whippings and electroshock therapy will seem like a luxury compared to what I will put them through.

Sure, they were able to outsmart me this time. And sure they might be happy together for a while. And maybe it will even be weeks or months before we find them again. But one thing was for damned sure; Rose and Harry's troubles were far from over.

AN. much love