Chapter Four: Reunion

The workers grabbed me by my arm and took me inside, I was a little freaked out because They grabbed me by the arm and took me inside!! I sat down, the ride started to go up, and for a second I almost forgot what I was going to do when I heard something in the back.

I look to see nothing there, i was going to sit down again but when I turned around there he was; my best friend Josh!

It was kind of freaky though because he looked totally different. His green eyes were glowing, well not glowing but they were really bright. It looked really cute on him. He was way more muscular then he was when he left. (it has been four years though.) he look really cute. I probably looked stupid, but honestly he looked beautiful. The light from outside outlined his figure, i mean it looked as if God wanted me to see him as a gift, like a gift for me.

He was standing there holding a monkey stuffed animal and a sign. ( I LOVE MONKEYS!! Especially Julius. aka. Paul Frank)

The sign read: I'm home!

I instantly start crying tears of joy. He came up to me giving me the biggest hug I have ever gotten. It felt good being In his arms, but I didn't want to make things awkward so i didn't say anything.

He let me go and had tears forming in his eyes.

"I missed you Julie."

"I missed you too Josh, why did it take you so long to come back?"

"I've been busy with school finding a college, making some really big choices."

I didn't really understand what "big choices" he needed to make, but later on I realized that those choices will hurt.

"Okay then, at least you're back home; where you belong."

We made eye contact and hugged again. I really missed him. He really doesn't know how glad I am that he is here.

He began telling me the lifestyle in San Francisco, how there where so many Giants fans, the streets felt like roller coasters, going up, up, up, and up; then going straight down. I didn't realize that we went on the ride like five times just talking about our lives and how it's been. I was having the time of my life.

"Hey Josh, I have an important question to ask you."

"Oh is that so, alright give it to me."

"How were you able to afford all this? You know like the mailbox with the name, Charlie Brown, the ride being empty. How did you do it?"

"Oh! Haha it's really not a big deal, I have my connections."

We both looked at each other and laughed. I really enjoyed having my friend around again. We enjoyed and finished up the rest of the park together. We decided to meet up with Carrie and Erick at the Boomerang.

"Whaaaat! Josh is back" I knew Carrie said that sarcastically, "Josh why didn't you say anything about you coming back, I mean I could've done...."

I cut her off, "Hey, I know you knew he was coming. You're not very good at hiding things from me."

I gave her a huge hug and thanks. It was about 9:30 when we left Knott's and went to go eat. After we ate we WERE going to go to the movies but I needed to get home my dad was already probably freaking out, so Carrie went with Erick and I went with Josh. When we reached my house we both just sat in the car. There was a very awkward silence. It kind of made me want to laugh, but that feeling went away almost instantly when he let six words come out of his mouth.

"Julie, I'm sorry about your mom."

I didn't know what to say, so I just sat there, the memory coming back into my head, the feeling I had when that day came, my true 'Living Nightmare'.