Chapter Seven: Father

As I sat in my car driving in the rain, I was getting worried. I haven't received the call until 1:30 am. I honestly hope my father is still with me, I cannot bear living without both my parents.

I arrived at the police station and walked in. The every first feeling I got in there was fear and sadness. I didn't really want to be there, it didn't feel right.

I heard a voice behind me say, "Hello Ms. What can I do for you?"

"Oh, uhh ya I'm here to pick up Isaac Hernandez."

"Yes, how are you related to Isaac?"

"I'm his daughter Julie. Uhh may I ask why he is in here?"

"Well Ms. Your father has been violently assaulting people. We received a call from the bar he was at, they didn't like the way he was behaving. He needed to be contained by three men until we got ahold of him. I'm sorry, but you can take him now; just make sure he is not going to drive."

"Oh never I told him to be careful, I never thought that he would do that."

"Okay well follow me I'll lead you to him."

I walked with the lady down two long hallways until we reached a cell with like five different men, I instantly made eyes on my dad. We made eye contact and we quickly looked away. I also did not want to look at him but by all means he was my father and I needed to take care of him.the drive home was very quiet, him nor I talked to each other, but I had to break that silence.

"What happened to you dad, why did you get into a fight, what was the reason, what was it about!? Dad you're better then that."

"Don't you dare talk to me about being mature, I was being mature until that bartender messed up my drink."

"Dad are you serious, you got into a fight because your drink wasn't what u wanted, I mean I can get that you would be upset, but not start a fight. Dad I still don't understand, why did you do this. You even know that if mom was here you wouldn't had..."

All these questions were being said to him by me, and I only got one reply that made me realize that my mom is never going to be forgotten.

"I miss your mother Julie, Why did God take my beautiful wife, why did He do it? What did I do to him to make Him do that. She was my queen, my one and only, why did he take my beautiful Bethany."

I pulled over and went to give him a hug. I was really shocked to see that my father was crying.

"What did I ever do to God to have done this to me, I loved her with my whole heart and soul, she wasn't supposed to die, she was my baby, my everything. Why did He do that to me? Why must I be punished living my life without my beautiful wife? I need her Jule, I need her right now."

"Dad, Is this why you fought, you needed to get your mind off things."

"Jule, why? I loved her and I will always love her, she is my jewel that's where you got your name. I wanted to name you jewel because of her. You are your mother, but I still need her with me. I just need her."

I just sat there looking at my dad wishing and wondering why this happened to us. Why was the really big question.

I turned on the car again and drive off. When I reached the house my dad was asleep.

I woke him up and he went straight for his room. I checked up on him a little later and saw him holding a picture of my mom in his arms, I took it from him and placed it on the nightstand, covered him, then left. When I was heading towards the door I looked at the clock and it was already four am.

I need to get some sleep now.

I went to my room and turned in the radio to let me sleep. The worst songs that can be on were on, the weird thing is that they were all in a row, it SUCKED!

Here is the order of the songs:

See You Again- Carrie Underwood

Wish You Were Here- Avril Lavigne

One and Only- Adele

Why- Rascal Flatts

Goodbye Mother Goodbye- anonymous