Chapter Six: My Love For You Will Never Die

...

Josh and I were still just sitting in the car, he again said that he was sorry about my mom and I just ignored him and changed the subject. He seemed shocked, but I didn't want to bring that memory back up; I mean I will never forget my mom but I need to try.

"Josh, let's go inside, I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind."

"Alright, let's go."

He turns off the car and we head for the door. As I was about to turn the door knob, it swung open and there was my dad. He was dressed fancy, he was wearing the red shirt that my mom bought him for his birthday, and black slick pants. He was smiling, it was very unusual of him to smile I mean my mom passed away not even 6 years ago. I still had her death in my head but it seemed to just slip off him.

I didn't want to ruin his fun so I just smiled with him.

"Dad look who decided to come back to the town."

"Who, that's not that guy Henry you used to date is it, I never really liked that guy."

I got really embarrassed because Josh looked at me and gave me that 'awe how cute' smile.

"No dad it's Josh."

"Who?"

"Josh, Josh Matthews. My best friend, mom's friend's son."

"Oh ya I remember him. How you doing young man."

"I'm well sir thanks for asking."

"That's good."

"So dad where are you going, it's almost midnight and nothing is going to be open."

"Jule I'm going to go out for a few drinks with the boys."

Him saying that gave me chills because I haven't heard him call me Jule since my mom died. He was honestly too happy to just w going out for a 'few drinks'.

"Okay dad, but please be careful and do not drink and drive have one of your buddies bring you back okay? Okay dad? Please be safe."

"Yes baby don't worry, I love you. Don't stay up too late, and..."

He left the house without finishing. Seconds later I got a text, it was from my dad.

And don't get pregnant

Josh saw the text and started laughing, I was so embarrassed it's not even funny.

"Wow your dad is still the same, he hasn't changed a bit."

"I know, I'm just glad that he is trying to move on."

I can tell that Josh wants to bring up the whole situation with my mom but I don't, so I changed the subject as fast as I could.

"So Josh, truth or dare?"

"Uhh give me a DARE!"

"Okay I dare you to tell me who your first crush was, and who it is now."

His face turned a little red and I gave him that 'awe how cute' smile, and he just started laughing.

"Come on Josh just tell me, it's not like I'm going to go looking for that girl."

"You won't need to look very far." He said under his breath.

"Okay then just tell me. Come on"

"Okay, my first crush was y...y...y...you."

I socked him lightly and laughed.

"You jerk why didn't you tell me...haha okay so who is it now!?"

"Why don't you figure it out."

He leaned close to me and kissed me. I didn't know what to think, but it felt right, I like having Josh with me, I felt that this was supposed to happen. I felt love again, better yet I felt again.

"So do you know now who I have a crush on?"

"Uhh still got no clue, dude just tell me."

His face turned into a really confused one, I could see that he was thinking I needed some more clues. I started laughing and gave him a kiss.

"I know who it is."

"I love you Julie."

I blushed and sat closer to him. We sat there on the couch for a few more minutes and time went by and by and by. When Josh saw the time he jumped up and said he needed to go.

"I'll pick you up at 8 to go get some dinner."

"Wait why? I mean like for what?"

"I'm taking you out Julie."

"Uhh ya no thanks I'm kind of busy and like..."

I was cut off my the touch of his lips against mine. It felt so right, my lips just fit perfectly to his, I was happy again, it was like I was the missing puzzle of his puzzle. Josh was so hot I mean like I was once again falling in love with him.

"I'm going to pick you up. I love you Julie. And uhh will you be my girl....friend"

He kind of mumbled the last part so I didn't really understand him.

"What I'm sorry I didn't hear you."

He looked up at me and blushed. He just looked me in the eyes and I got that feeling of love.

"Julie will you be mine, I want you to be my girlfriend."

I just looked at him and smiled, I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

"I love you Josh Matthews and I never want to lose you again."

"Julie my love for you will never die until death do us part."

He gave me an other kiss and a hug, then he left. As I saw him drive off I started to head inside. Right when I was going to walk to my room the phone rang. I answered it and got extremely worried. I got my keys and ran outside. I needed to see if my dad was okay.