Chapter 10: That One Day

Josh left my house at 3:30 am. We had been talking for 3 hours, that was a very long time.

I was very heart broken when Josh told me the news that he was leaving but at least he's not leaving today. Or is he? I forgot, I just want this to end.

At one point I was thinking that I was finally going to live a happy life. I was saying to myself how lucky I was, my bestest friend was now my boyfriend, my dad is feeling better, that I wouldn't have to live in fear/ pain anymore. I was going to LIVE.

But like usual I can't have that because, first of all my dad is not feeling better about my mom, Josh is leaving, and I haven't heard from Carrie in like forever.

Josh came over and I had to let him in because, well I mean, I'm in love with him. All I wanted to do was be with him, not talk about him leaving, not talk about our lives, just relax with me in his arms. Just me and him together.

We went to the mall and went bowling, we went to go see a movie, and to get some lunch. I really wasn't myself because I was starring at him the whole time. I was afraid that if I blink an eye he would be gone, disappear from me forever.

By the time we were done having the best time of our lives he said something, once again, that I didn't want to hear.

"Sweet heart, the general and some other people are coming in a few weeks to come pick me up for me to go with them."

I let out a loud sigh, "Okay."

Once again I just wanted to hold him, or him hold me. I didn't want to let go, not yet, not ever; but I guess I can't have that.

We left the mall and went home. He took me to his house for a little while and what we did was.....absolutely nothing. All we did was literally look at each other. So we decided to go get some ice cream.

"Babe, I love you. You know that right?"

"Yes Josh I do. Why? Do you think I don't?"

"No, no, no, it's just that so much is happening and you haven't said much."

"I don't want to ruin the moment like you are now."

"Oh haha I'm sorry."

We started laughing and walked away. After ice cream we noticed that we were near the beach. So guess what...we decided to go.

By the time we reached the beach he was breathing like a horse. It was actually really funny. Anyway, we were holding hands when walking on the wet sand, and while walking we were looking around and saw so many cute scenes.

People were building sand castles with their family, holding hands, laughing, and just having fun. Most important living in the moment.

Josh and I were meant to be soul-mates. Especially ever since that one day. That One Day I will never ever forget.

***

I was considered a loser in the sixth grade, not pretty, not living up to the popular kids expectations. Josh belonged to the popular crowd, he was a cute kid. I instantly liked him. But how's a loser like me going to try to get with a popular cute kid like him.

I was in the sixth grade already thinking about love. Wow I was a loser! haha anyway, It was lunch time on the last day of school. I had come in contact with Josh a lot, it was almost like he was my best friend already. But like usual girls started getting jealous.

I was sitting alone at a luck table because I was the loser, and losers are supposed to be alone. But to my surprise Josh came and sat down next to me.