The Ocean is a Beach

Mark was scowling at the ocean when he gave it the finger.

"I agree." Jack eyed the lapping waves warily. The sea was a stormy gray, and the waves were choppy as the storm continued to brew above them. Ethan poked the water with his foot before jumping back with a yelp. Tyler rolled his eyes at the two weenies and growled, reminding them that they had a mission.

"Okay." Jack took a deep breath and pat Mark's head. "Come on buddy, we can do this," he urged, "Just a short swim, all right?" Mark whined and pulled his head down, almost knocking the Irishman off. "Come on, I'll be right here with ya. I hate the ocean too, remember?" He reminded. Mark grumbled unintelligibly and made a sour face. Tyler smirked at him, which provoked a snarl.

Ethan whined and made them both shut up. He gave them pointed looks and looked at the ocean for a few seconds, and then he took a breath before running out into the water. He splashed in with a very mature roar- not really- and jumped in, which uprooted a torrent of water that soaked the others. Jack had to brace himself as he too was splashed, and he gasped for air and shook his head. When he saw the others, however, he burst out laughing: Mark's bangs were in his eyes, and Tyler's curly hair was smothered. Both giants wore shocked looks, and they slowly looked at Ethan, who giggled guiltily. Tyler suddenly ran at Ethan, and the small giant yipped and took off running. Mark took a bit longer to react. He blinked, scratched the back of his head, and then he flipped his bangs out of his eyes and spat out a mouthful of salty water.

Jack kept laughing until Mark suddenly snatched him up, and then with a playful purr the giant dunked him in the shallows. Jack's laughter cut off with a scream before being smothered by the water. When he resurfaced, he scrambled for the shore.

"MARK!!" He yelled, laughing. Mark laughed as well, and the deep, familiar, reverberating laugh sent chills through the Irishman as he got flashbacks. He remembered that goofy laugh so well, just like he remembered every one of his videos before the apocalypse; his other friends; his fans; his family... and Signe.

Jack was numb for a moment until he felt a nudge from Mark, and he realized his smile had dropped and he was standing still. He shook his head and brought the smile back.

"I'm fine," he said. "Just tired, sorry." Mark gave him a doubtful look, but he didn't push it. Jack looked away and saw Ethan and Tyler splashing back to them. Ethan was soaked from head to toe. Jack grinned and looked up at Mark. "Come on," he told him, "We've got a date with a giant-infested hell hole."

Jack couldn't see jack. Mark, Ethan and Tyler walked out quite a ways from the beach before they had to start swimming, and just seeing one of his gargantuan friends having to paddle in the huge body of water scared the shit out of the Irishman. And worse, the storm had enveloped them with a hazy fog, and it was so thick that they could barely see each other. It was so quiet that all Jack could hear was the thunder rumbling above, and the splashing of his friends as they swam. But he was really anxious, and he didn't know why. He always had a grip on Mark's hair to steady himself, to the point of probably pulling a tuft out sooner or later.

Mark, too, was feeling uneasy. He kept glancing around and looking under him, even though he was far too big for a shark to dare try to disturb. Tyler kept quiet, but he didn't look concerned. Ethan looked too tired to be squeamish.

A few hours passed, and Jack was starting to get seasick. The storm was getting more active, throwing waves into the giants' eyes or pushing the wind to whip at their hair. Ethan was lagging a bit, so Tyler was at his side to help him along, leaving Mark at the head of the group. His hair was getting frizzy from the sea air, and salt crystals stuck in his lashes. Jack groaned every few breaststrokes and muttered about PMA, trying to find the right chord to strike away his negative mood.