Duck, Duck, Goose

It was hard to tell which way to run since chaos had erupted. Mark charged the humans, but Tyler lunged to intercept him. Ethan snatched Jack and Amy up and sprang back as the doctor's men ran forward to protect their boss.

The doctor turned to run, but Ethan stomped his foot down to block him, growling. "Don't you dare!" Kathryn yelled angrily. "Take another step and you'll regret it."

Ethan growled, agreeing.

"Amy." Jack shook the poor woman, who was watching the fight going on with horror. Mark was clawing at Tyler like a rabid animal, snarling and pushing and grabbing. Tyler was doing his best to keep the feral giant back, but despite his advantage in heighth, Mark was slightly stronger. "Amy!" Jack tried again. "We need to get the formula to him."

"W-we can't," she mumbled, "I-I gave you the last of it." She shuddered and covered her mouth. "Oh, god, Mark..." she said miserably.

"I-I can-I can make it!" The doctor tried to bargain, waving his hands. "I can make more of ze formula!" Ethan put his three little human friends on his head and picked the doctor up by the back of his lab coat. He held him up at eye level and growled suspiciously.

"Conspiracy theories later, running now," Kathryn chided. Ethan grunted and gave his buddies one more glance before he turned and ran away to find the lab. Mark, meanwhile, snarled and pushed Tyler, making him stumble and almost land on top of the soldiers. The men yelled and started firing at Mark. Mark bellowed and shielded his face, and when they reloaded, he counterattacked. Tyler backed away with wide eyes at the scene of his friend's anger that unfolded before his eyes; the worst part was that Mark didn't even hesitate when he sweeped his arm and knocked the soldiers off their feet, hitting them against the wall and promptly knocking them all out. Tyler quickly turned and ran after the others.

Mark panted, standing in the center of the unconscious men. There was one soldier still conscious, but his leg was broken, and he couldn't move enough to catch the giant's attention, let alone escape. But Mark ignore him away. He ignored all of them and turned away, blocking out their metallic scents as he tilted his head back and inhaled deeply.

He craved something else. Not the numerous mercenaries of the doctor, nor the crazy scientist himself. He craved more wild blood: Someone who had an exotic taste. He looked down at his bruised hands and licked his fingers. His blood grew hot with an excited stir as he caught the sweet but wild taste. It was older than the soldiers' blood that he smelled behind him, and he had tasted it before. He sniffed the air to pin down the exact human. His stomach growled as he caught his scent, and he rumbled hungrily; the hunt was on.

The doctor yelped as Ethan plopped him down in front of the laboratory doors. Two men stood guard in front, and they look bewildered at Ethan's successful effort to cram into the human hallway and crawl prone.

"Signe?" Jack slid down Ethan's arm and pushed past the guards. "Signe!" Entering the room, he saw Signe seated on the other side of the room, surrounded by more armed men. "Signe, are you ok?" Obeying the doctor's command to stand down, the men parted and let Signe rush to her love and hug him.

"Seán! Are you ok?" She cried in his shoulder.

"I'm ok, are you?"

"I'm all right." Amy followed Kathryn in, looking down at the floor. "What about the others? Did it work?" Signe asked. Amy made a choking sob and turned away. Jack bit his lip and hugged her again.

"There was a problem." He explained everything the best he could while Ethan backed out of the hallway to talk to Tyler. He looked mortified when Tyler explained to him through rumbling and gestures what had happened; he looked like he'd seen a ghost.