Straight to the C͢͞ḩ̸̛͢͡ą̵́s̀͘͘͟͏e̷̸̛͠

"Should we do more?" Jack asked. His leg was really starting to ache, and his fingers were stained with blood. "I think if we keep this up then I'll die from blood loss," he admitted. He had asked both giants earlier if either of them could heal his leg like Mark had. Tyler had been too nervous about going feral again to try, and when Ethan did tentatively give it a small try, it didn't work. Whatever healing properties were in Mark's saliva, it was unique. But his leg still hurt, and Jack could really use some medicine now: Real medicine. Tyler chuffed in agreement and turned away from the wall. Jack managed to quickly do a small smiley face with what remained on his fingers before the giant moved away.

The Irishman sighed and slumped against Tyler's neck, and his mind wandered to Mark. I hope he's okay. Poor guy, I wonder if it hurts to turn feral like that, he seemed to be in a lot of pain when he did... Jack frowned. Would he remember me? Could I somehow talk him down and stop him from hurting anyone else? Jack quickly reminded himself that Mark was not responsible for any of his current actions, and that he was under the influence of violent instincts. If anything, it's my fault. Guilt still pricked Jack's heart. We wouldn't be in this mess if-

Tyler suddenly stopped and sniffed the air, stiffening. But a second after he stopped, Mark burst out of the shadows and tackled him head on with a snarl. Tyler roared in surprise and fell, and Jack tumbled to the floor with a breathless exclamation. Ethan yelped and pushed the feral giant off, but Mark quickly turned and barreled into the young giant, sending him flying against the wall.

Tyler bellowed and locked his arm around the feral's head, dragging him off his feet and flinging him to the floor. He winced at the sound of the ground cracking under Mark's weight, but Mark was unfazed. He twisted and grabbed Tyler's leg, throwing him off his feet and rolling on top of him. Ethan, recuperating, tried to throw him off, but the giant elbowed him off and tried to stifle Tyler's struggles. His teeth were bared in a desperate snarl as Tyler kept trying to throw him off, completely unaware of his actions and their consequences, and blinded by his hormonal imbalance.

"MARK!!" The three giants froze and looked to see Jack. Jack stood there a little ways off, panting and favoring his good leg. He was holding his bloodied hand up, captivating Mark's attention. "You want some? Come and get it!" The Irishman yelled. Mark's nostrils twitched as the irresistible scent reached him, and he let out a deep growl. Jack wavered a bit, and then he realized now was a good time to start running. As he turned and bolted, Mark roared and pulled away from the other two giants. Ethan yelped and tried to hold him back, but Mark shook him off like he was nothing and tore after the human.

Ethan shook his fist and growled, frustrated, and quickly turned to Tyler. Tyler watched as the beginnings of a chase faded into the dark, gloomy labyrinth, and his thoughts sent out two simple words in prayer for the brave Irishman: Be safe.

The guys in movies make this look a lot easier than it is! Jack was running as fast as he could, glad that he had tightened the falling apart bandages beforehand. As soon as he had been knocked from Tyler's shoulder, Jack knew that Mark would want him more than revenge against two giants that were actually his friends just trying to help. He was familiar with his blood already, so fixing his wound's dressing gave him the benefit of a very smelly hand. And worked it did.

Of course, now there was the challenge of surviving a pursuing, feral giant. Friend or not, Jack knew if he couldn't find a way out of this mess, then they were all goners.

He led Mark back along the marked path in hopes of confusing the giant, which almost worked. But then he caught up, and Jack racked his brain desperately for another plan. Come on! I can't keep this up for much longer. My leg will give out, he'll catch up, and then I'll be toast! He spotted a vent and put the pedal to the metal. Diving for it, he tugged at the cover, only to realize with horror that not all of the screws had fallen out on this one.