Mirage

Jack didn't expect death to have such a familiar face. He certainly never expected to die at the hands of one of his closest friends. But here he was, corned against the wall with a lame leg and nowhere to run nor hide. He was bare and fully exposed under the giant's vermillion eyes.

Mark growled softly and lowered himself onto his stomach. As he pulled himself closer, Jack pressed his body against the wall and covered his eyes. Shit, shit... His hair stirred as a hot breeze ruffled his clothes. I'm so dead. I'm so dead, I'm so very dead!

"Please just make it quick!" Jack gasped, and he braced himself. Seconds silently ticked by, filled only with heavy breathing and Jack's rapid heartbeat.

Then he felt Mark gingerly push his nose against his stomach. He flinched, shuddering, as the giant nuzzled him gently. Jack slowly looked out from under his hands to see that Mark had his eyes closed and was rubbing against him. Vibrations coursing through Jack's world made the Irishman realize with a start that the giant was purring.

"M... Mahrk?" Jack whispered. Mark rumbled and exhaled a warm breath of air. Jack shivered and felt tears start falling as he laughed in relief. "I-I shoulda known ye'd be a stubborn ass!" He sobbed. Mark whined as Jack hugged his nose and almost broke down crying. But he held himself together when he heard Mark's stomach growl.

"Aww." Jack looked up at the giant. "Yer starving aren't ya? That mean old coot hasn't been feeding you, has he?" Mark growled and pulled away from Jack. "I'm sorry buddy, I don't-I don't have my backpack, I don't have any of my food." He yelped when Mark suddenly stuck his tongue out and licked his bad leg. "Hey!" He chided, "Mark!" Mark ignored him and lapped at the wound. Remembering what happened last time, Jack sighed and let him. He relaxed as the pain slowly went away, and he found that he could wiggle his toes without any agony except a dull, throbbing pain.

"Thanks dude," he sighed. Mark rumbled and tossed his head to the side. He did it again, urging Jack to look until the Irishman noticed a camera. It was behind Mark, being blocked by the giant's shoulder. No doubt the doctor was watching right now, waiting eagerly for Mark to devour him.

"Are you saying we need to perform an act?" Mark growled and sniffed Jack's leg, making sure that the bleeding had stopped. "Well, fuck," Jack sighed, "Guess we can't really do anything else. I need to get to the girls so they can reverse whatever that doctor did to Tyler and Ethan... and you, but... yer pretty stubborn, I think you'll last a bit longer before ya go crazy." Mark ruffed curtly. Jack took a deep breath.

"Ok," he agreed, "Let's do this."

The doctor heard the scream from one of the monitors the same time one of his men exclaimed, "Sir!" He hurried to the screens and searched for the correct camera screen. The sudden movement caught his eye, and he grinned madly behind his mask.

"So, Subject Three found him," he remarked.

"It appears so," his companion beside him agreed, "He was being weighed down by his injuries, and then was finally cornered by Mark Fischbach." The doctor clapped his hands excitedly as Mark's head turned toward the camera. His red angry eyes sent a thrill of delight through the doctor as he saw, with glee, that Jack was dangling from his teeth by one of his legs, squirming to no avail. Then, in one smooth motion, he opened his mouth and flicked his tongue, and the Irishman disappeared from sight.

"Brilliant, brilliant!" The doctor cried giddily, "He iz perfect! He iz so clever, such a fantastic hunter!" His assistants nodded sheepishly, trying to mask their nausea. "You zere!" The doctor whirled around and picked a random grunt. "Go ahnd check on ze other two. Make sure zat zey find zeir vay back to zeir cells." The grunt nodded nervously and hurried off.