10; In the Dark

"I know you want it as much as I do, there's no point in denying it."

A R I A

Two weeks.

Fourteen days.

That's how long it had been since Lucien had wriggled his way beneath my skirt and between my legs, or more importantly, since we'd been attacked by a handful of Sabella accomplices.

I would've liked to focus on the latter but it seemed the former was plaguing my mind, altering my attention despite the information we now knew about the attack that was lead from Sicily.

Nonetheless, I had still been in a mood the moment we'd exited the house to find Jinx outside with Tofu inside his jacket, his hair covered in soot before we were promptly driving towards the hospital. By then not only had I been in pissed because my throat felt like it was on fire from the smoke inhalation, but I was also pissed that Lucien had blindsided me with his dámn tongue and hands and rendered my control around him useless.

"Stupid, infuriating ásshole," I muttered under my breath, aimlessly throwing darts from the chair I was in and towards the board pinned to the wall in Aaron's basement.

"You know, you could always just fück him?" Aaron spoke to me in a bored tone, his focus on his laptop where he was looking through some shady software altering to me when I narrowed my eyes.

"He plays my game just as well as me," I replied, huffing and then clearing my throat of the tickle that was the remaining pain of my cough. I sighed, rubbing the side of my neck before standing from my seat and retrieving the darts I'd thrown, my fingers curling around the pointed tip as I looked to Aaron.

He was still sitting, his gaze on his laptop where he was searching for information surrounding the attack through previously mentioned shady software as Tofu curled in his lap and rubbed his head against Aaron's stomach. The visual made me pout, my shoulders slumping as I walked back to my chair and then threw the darts in my hand, my precision betraying me when I didn't hit the bullseye despite trying three times and being trained in the art of accuracy itself.

For fück-

"Wow, you really need some díck in your life if you can't throw darts properly," Aaron mumbled, ducking his head when I threw the closest thing to me (a pen) at him. He chuckled, the sound only deepening the scowl on my face just as the door opened and in walked the devil himself whilst I stood near the board to retrieve my darts once again.

Lucien shoved his phone back into the pocket of his slacks, his eyes on me when I glared at him just because I could and noticed the scrapes across his knuckles that ran in dark red lines. He'd been on business for the past twelve days which meant that I hadn't seen him for that time period, the term high and dry something that I never thought I'd use in my life but found myself doing so frequently when I kept looking at him.

He was tanner than usual courtesy of the Sicilian heat, my jealousy centering in on the fact that he'd visited home and I was kept under surveillance whilst he was basking in the heat despite the circumstances he had gone on. The thought only kick started the ugly and fücking hated feeling of being homesick in my stomach, my chest tightening when I became suddenly overwhelmed before I shook my head and narrowed my eyes at Lucien once again. I liked to think that my jealousy was the only reason behind my sudden annoyed mood, but I knew it wasn't, and by looking at Lucien, he knew it too.

Stupid, stupid good looking man.

He did nothing but let the side of his lips curve in a half smirk, my focus altering back to the darts as I retrieved them from the board and walked back to my seat to throw them.