19; Save My Soul

"If he found out that I was fücking his daughter, he is well within his rights to tell me to never speak to you or see you again..."

A R I A

"You know, I think I might like food as much as I like püssy and díck."

I choked slightly on the wine I was drinking and turned to stare wide eyed at Aaron as he scoffed down three canapes all at once, his innocent smile not reaching his eyes as he wiggled his eyebrows and hummed happily.

"What the fück?" I asked, wheezing slightly as I wiped the side of my lip and swiped against the slight dribble of red wine that had missed my mouth.

"One does taste better than the other though," he spoke casually whilst I stayed staring at him, watching as he downed his food with a tall champagne flute full of the bubbly liquid. "Obviously I mean püssy, also known as my favourite meal."

"I-" I blurted out, trying to figure out a response to his words whilst he casually ushered over a waiter to serve him more food. I failed miserably when Aaron went on like he'd said nothing, his habit of being a little spontaneous when he was tipsy coming into play which made me puff out a laugh whilst I sipped at my red wine and scanned the room full of people.

We were currently inside the ballroom of my father's home, the normal light colours of the interior now exchanged for black, orange, green and purple as a multitude of Halloween decorations hung from the ceilings and moving spotlights darted across the darkened space. It seemed that over the years Blake had acquired a habit of throwing Halloween parties since Lucien had told me on the way here, the annual event seeming to be a popular one when I knew that there were roughly three hundred people here and it wasn't even midnight yet.

Gesù Cristo.

It was bad enough that I hated being in a dark space, yet it was worse when I also had a dislike towards being touched by strangers even when it was moving past me, the very thought knocking inside my skull wildly when I felt the uncomfortable presence of an unfamiliar body press against me. I scowled slightly over my wine glass when a drunken man slid past me whilst shouting in Italian about püssy, the smell of his body odour soon wafting in the air around me which made my nose wrinkle as I watched him shout to his friends over the sound of Black Skinhead by Kanye West that was flowing loudly from the speakers.

"Cretino," I muttered under my breath, stopping myself from taking the bat I had in my hand and whacking him over the head as I moved my body more towards Aaron, my lips parting to breath out a sharp breath as I searched through the crowd for Lucien to see if he was back yet.

He'd been summoned by my father nearly the instant that we'd stepped foot onto the estate along with Jinx, the both of them vanishing steadily from my sight in the form of the Joker and a werewolf since Jinx was dressed as that.

Their costumes were the only thing that alleviated the ache in my chest at the fact that my father always seemed to find a way to ruin my fun, the very notion being the reason why I was silently pissed in the corner of the room and waiting for the both of them whilst Aaron stayed drinking and eating.

He seemed to be enjoying himself despite not really doing anything, his clear contentment being something that I was momentarily jealous of when I found him casually looking over to a man who's abs were on show courtesy of his caveman costume. It made me hum sharply under my breath as I ignored the slightly potent feeling of wanting Lucien's company, my hands quick to swipe another glass of wine from a waiter as I masked what I was feeling with the alcohol and tried to keep being patient.

It was easier said than done.

After another twenty minutes I was on my fourth glass of wine and accompanying Aaron with the food he'd put on his plate despite not being hungry myself, the small cookie that was iced in orange frosting and had a drawn on spider web soon crumbling in my mouth as I ate half of it and then downed it with the remaining wine in my glass.