Chapter Twenty-Two

Carter and Archer were still standing in the kitchen, staring blankly at the fridge as they heard footsteps walking towards the kitchen.

"I found something," Alex told them, strolling into the kitchen.

"Yeah, we did too," Archer pointed towards the fridge.

Alex walked past them both to the fridge, reading the small note.

"Well, that was obviously a lie, but I think I might have found something at least. It was on the ground next to the bin in her room," Alex told them, and it was then that Carter saw the piece of paper in Alex's hand. Alex handed over the paper which had an address scribbled messily on it and the words 'Sam's' written at the top. The address had a line through it, making it too messy to make out, and Carter figured that she must have made a mistake and re-written the address on another piece of paper.

Archer looked just as confused as the other two. "Sam's? What is that? A restaurant?" he asked, looking at Alex.

Alex shrugged. "I don't know, if it is, I haven't heard of it."

"I don't think it's a restaurant," Carter told them, suddenly getting an idea. "Sam is her older brother's name, he just finished college and got some job that takes him around the world, Roxy talks about him all the time."

"Why would she need her brothers address?" Archer asked.

"That's the thing, she wouldn't. Her brother moved a few days before he had to go overseas last week, and so she never got to go the new place."

"Do you think she got the address from Sam is his new apartment? Was she and Cole going to stay there last night?" Alex asked.

"Well, I think they were going to do more than stay there." Archer winked with a laugh.

 "What?" Alex asked, clueless. Carter rolled his eyes at his ex.

Archer laughed. "Well, let's just say that I saw him grab some protection from the bathroom last night."

"But the full moon...." Alex prompted.

Archer nodded. "I reminded him about the full moon and he said that he wasn't leaving the apartment until eleven, so by the time they were, you know, the full moon would have lost its affect."

"Oh," Alex mumbled before changing the subject to the more pressing issue. "Do you have Sam's number?"

"Yeah." Carter pulled out his phone and searched for Sam in his contacts, finding his number quickly.

The four rings that sounded before he answered were the longest in Carter's life. "Hello?"

"Sam? It's Carter."

"Oh hey Carter, what's up?" Sam's deep voice sounded through the phone.

"I was just wondering, did you tell Roxy she could stay at your new place last night?"

"Yeah, she said she wanted to use my internet to work on her homework, and the internet at our parents place was down. Why? Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine, could you tell me that address?" he asked, and Sam told him the address straight away and told Carter that he left a key under the mat. Carter made a quick goodbye before hanging up.

"You got it?" Alex asked the moment that Carter slid the phone into his back pocket.

"Yeah, now I'm just wondering why they are still there," Carter muttered and both Alex and Carter then looked at Archer, who was looking surprisingly guilty.

Alex took a threatening step towards Archer and Carter figured that he must have come to the same conclusion that he himself had, Archer looked like he knew something.