Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre

Doom Slayer's POV

This looks like the place...

My eyes wondered around the small base that was Grand Mesa. The place was littered with armed guards and destroyed buildings. Only 3 of them were intact, with a T shaped bridge connecting them together. I watched all this from the foliage on a mountain from above, debating with VEGA on what to do.

VEGA: I advise we be as silent as possible. Get in and get out with no one harmed.

I highly doubt that.

Running out of the foliage, I jumped towards the rooftops of one of the buildings, landing on both feet and rolling forward to absorb some of the weight. As I proceeded to the end of the roof, two armed guards stood at the entrance underneath as well as a security camara in between us.

Hmm... I wonder.

Grabbing the Plasma Rifle, I aimed down at the two men and fired the stun bomb. The bomb, making contact with them, not only caused the men paralysis, but also destroyed the camara in between, acting as an EMP.

Huh. It works.

Jumping down, I ran inside the building, crouching around in search of any rooms. Peeking around the corner, I noticed another camara overlooking a room labeled 'FILING/RECORDS'.

Bingo.

Firing another stun bomb, I ran into the room as the camara panned downwards, disabling itself. I entered what could only be described as an accountant's heaven. A single long wooden table in the middle of the white room surrounded by filing cabinets. Paperwork and blueprints laid scattered all over said table. Approaching the table, I began searching through them as VEGA spoke.

VEGA: Anything that involves Overwatch is what we're looking for.

All these papers involve Overwatch. I'm not carrying these filing cabinets.

VEGA: Then I suggest we find any and all historical records within this room.

Huh. Found something.

Among the piles of papers, a single folder labeled 'ROSTER/POTENTIAL RECRUITS' on the tab stood on top. Opening it up, I noticed a familiar face as well as a black and white picture.

 Opening it up, I noticed a familiar face as well as a black and white picture

Hmm. The jolly von giant wasn't bullshitting me on this.

VEGA: His friend seems to be a potential recruit for Overwatch. At least before they were shut down.

Yeah, but what the hell is Blackwatch?

*Pop!*

Hmm?

The lights went out, showing only darkness. Placing the folder and picture inside the warp pack, I turned on the visor's lights. A simple gold glow eminated from the helmet as I wondered what was going on outside.