Gibraltar: A New Marine

Author's Note: It's short I know, but it's based solely off of QuakeCon. Enjoy.

Watchpoint Gibraltar...
Doom Slayer's POV

The day at the beach was a fantastic way to relax. Delicious grilled food, cold water, and a view I'll probably never see again. Returning back to the base, the doctor led me across the labs into the warehouse, with the engineer and his daughter following close behind.

Let's see what this is you have for me.

Samuel Hayden: Since my arrival on Watchpoint Gibraltar, I've gotten to know your team better, to understand their motivation. What I found unique in them, I realized I had lacked.

Opening the door into the dark warehouse, he continued.

Samuel Hayden: With their assistance, what was originally one small idea, turned into a plethora of creations. And although they helped, very few of them saw the end result.

Turning on the lights with a flip of a switch, a small cache of weapons lied in front of a new, but familiar suit of armor.

What the hell!?

Samuel Hayden: Until now.

Picking up one of the weapons, I realized that it was just a Super Shotgun with a...

*TSCHING!*

The fuck is this!?

Pressing a button beside the trigger, the golden hook shot out from below the weapon towards an ammo box. Tugging on the rope, the weapon began to drag me towards it, causing me to fall on my face.

Ow!

Brigitte: You okay, Walker?

Standing back up and dusting myself off, I nodded.

Torbjörn: It's a grappling hook, in case ya hadn't noticed.

Thanks, Einstein. I'll make a note of that.

Brigitte: Yeah, we probably should have warned you before.

Oh well.

Some of the other weapons were unique in their own way. One casted lightning from its tesla style barrel, like a wizard;

 One casted lightning from its tesla style barrel, like a wizard;