Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland

An Hour Later...
Watchpoint Gibraltar...
Doom Slayer's POV

Samuel Hayden: Googly eyes.... that's a new one.

Sitting beside Dr. Hayden with the super glued googly eyes taken off, he spoke to the young mechanic.

Hayden: Thank you, Miss Lindholm.

Brigitte: Yeah, it's not a problem.

The ninja, sitting on a different box across from us, spoke to me as he began to stand.

Genji: Walker. Brigitte. We are needed in the Command Center.

Another mission?

Command Center...

One after another...at least I get to travel the world for free.

Walking in the room with Genji and Brigitte, I noticed everyone else was gathered around the long table. As we stood beside it, commander Morrison spoke.

Morrison: There you two are. Finished up with the removals, Brigitte?

Brigitte: Yeah, though it took a while with the superglue.

Everyone involved glared at Lena as she finished her sentence.

Lena: What? I thought it was funny, and so does Zenyatta.

The Omnic monk began to nod, whilst still having the googly eyes attached.

Morrison: Moving on. There are reports of two international criminals in the Outback of Australia.

Angela: Talon?

Morrison: No.

Winston: Is it who I'm assuming it is?

Morrison: The two Junkers.

Winston: Of course it is.

Junkers?

VEGA: Junkers?

Ana: Junkertown natives of Australia. The Australian Liberation Front's attack on the omnium there forever changed the landscape of the Outback, turning it into an irradiated wasteland.

VEGA: These "omniums". What are they?

Morrison: Self-improving automated robotic factories.

Ah. So it sounds like in a way, it's a nuclear facility.

Winston: Apparently, they didn't think about the consequences of attacking the omnium's fusion core. It's like hitting a nuclear bomb with a hammer.

Ana: And with its destruction, the survivors of the blast scavenged up what they could of the omnium and created their own society from it: Junkertown.

Morrison: And with it came these two...

Tossing two photos on to the table, I dragged them towards me and inspected them.