➢thirty-nine.

Woojin sat on the bleachers in the gym with Youngmin. He was watching a group of students paint many banners and signs for the upcoming school dance. Youngmin was supposed to be down there helping the rest of the team, but he was too busy replying to emails on his laptop.

Woojin didn't even want to be here, but Youngmin forced him to stay with him for an hour or two. He promised he would treat him to ice cream afterwards, Woojin didn't even want it since he's had ice cream one too many times with Daniel. But he didn't want to upset his friend at the same time.

"Okay I'm done." Youngmin said, pressing send on the final email. But instead of heading down to the floor, he remained seated with Woojin.

"Aren't you going to go now?" Woojin looked over at the boy, his laptop was open to a facebook groupchat.

"Nah, I've done enough. I'll just wait till they actually need my help." Youngmin mischievously smirked at Woojin.

While Youngmin was on his laptop, Woojin went on his phone. He kept refreshing his contact list of his groupchat.

Still offline. He hoped Hyejin would come online atleast for a moment, just to see if she was alright.

"Ugh this girl is so annoying." Youngmin groaned beside him. Woojin brought his attention back to him.

"Whats wrong?" He asked the annoyed looking boy.

Youngmin closed his laptop and sighed, "My friend doesn't want to come to the dance. I already bought tickets for my friends but that girl still won't come."

"Are you talking about those two girls you always hangout with?" Woojin asked.

"Yeah, I already asked one of them to be my date and she said yes. And I was hoping Donghyun would ask my other friend to the dance but she said no and I just can nOT with her." Youngmin ruffled his hair in annoyance.

Woojin's heartbeat picked up, was he talking about that girl I saw in the cafeteria, the one sitting beside him? Is she his date?

"Why doesn't she want to go?" Woojin asked, trying not to sound too interested even though he was dying to know.

"She said she doesn't want to be seen by anyone which makes no sense whatsoever. And because she felt bad for rejecting Donghyun. You know she literally said no and ran off. She told us she would say yes but she literally froze and ran away. At this rate, I'm going to have to put her in boot camp or something." He rolled his eyes.

Maybe she's not Youngmin's date, Woojin thought, it must be the other girl... right?

"Don't be too hard on her dude, you don't know what she might be going through." Woojin said.

"Pft oh please, shes just stressing about those boys. I don't even know half of them or else I would go up to them myself and tell them everything." Youngmin wished he knew who was making his best friend stressed out over nothing. He also wanted to give them a smack across their face at the same time.

Woojin was just dying at this point. He wanted to know who this girl was. Just when he was about to ask who she was for the second time, a voice called Youngmin's name.

"Yougmin! We need some help down here!" Sewoon called up to him.

Youngmin sighed, "Well I guess my break is over. You can leave if you want, I feel bad for keeping you back here for too long."

"Its alright, I'm just going to go to the library." Woojin said, he stood up and threw his backpack over his shoulder.

"Sorry, I'll treat you to ice cream some other time." Youngmin teased.