➢forty-three.

A week had gone by and everything changed. Jinyoung and Son Hyejin's friendship had grown... to a certain extent. They would walk to a few classes together and talk in the hallways, however Son made sure not to stay too long with him, afraid he might say something she would have no knowledge about, in which at times he had.

Jinyoung would also invite her to sit with his friends at lunch, but she declined every time; saying she was 'too nervous' or busy with her other friends. Jinyoung was confused at first, but at the same time he didn't want the other boys to get to know her better so he didn't bother arguing with her.

While that was happening there, Woojin has been sitting with Hyejin at lunch ever since he asked her to be his date to the dance. Their friendship also grew, some could even say they looked like a couple. But of course, they were only friends. Woojin made her smile all the time while Hyejin helped him forget about all the problems in the world. Woojin was slowly falling head over heels for her.

Jinyoung was a little jealous, wondering why Woojin gets to sit with his date but 'Hyejin' wouldn't. He was lowkey envious at the two, he would stare at them during lunch, burning their eyes into their backs.

He was also confused, he thought Woojin had feelings for Hyejin, but completely moved onto another girl. It didn't make sense, and he was slowly starting to get suspicious.

School had just ended and Hyejin was waiting by her locker for Woojin. They both were about to head to the mall to shop for little accessories the two would wear to the dance tomorrow.

Hyejin casually stood by her locker, scrolling through her phone until she saw a pair of feet in front of her.

"Hey Woojin!" She looks up, smiling brightly. However her smile slowly fades when she realizes it was not him.

"Sorry to disappoint." Jinyoung said, letting out a small laugh. Her heartbeat quickened. He wasn't standing close to her, but he definitely wasn't arm's length apart. 

"S-Sorry, I didn't know it was you." She stammered. She quickly looked down at her blazer and mentally sighed when she remembered to take her nametag off after class had ended.

She'd been doing that all week since Jinyoung would always walk by her to get to Son Hyejin. She didn't want him to see that her name was not Yeji. She always caught him staring at her and Woojin in the cafeteria and after school by the lockers. She felt like one day he would come up to talk to her, and today was that day.

"It's okay, Yeji." Jinyoung smiled at her.

It was slowly starting to get awkward for Hyejin. He wasn't saying anything, he was just looking at her.

"So...you and Woojin..." He started.

She raised an eyebrow, "What about us?"

"You guys have been pretty close. My friends and I are a little jealous that you've taken him away from us during lunch." He joked. Something inside of her told her he wasn't joking, that he was somewhat serious, however she quickly brushed it off.

She awkwardly laughed. "O-Oh! No we're just good friends. Nothing more than that." She quickly told him, her words spitting out as fast as possible . She wanted him to know that they were just friends, just in case Jinyoung did find out who she was, he would know she was as single as a pringle (A/N: idk where tF I was going with this one).

"Oh I see, you guys look great together though. I'm glad you make him happy." Her heart sunk down to the floor. It hurt her to hear that the guy she wished had found her first, to say that. She didn't want to hear that, ever.

"Jinyoung lets go!" An annoying voice squeaked behind them. Son Hyejin was a few feet away, waving at the boy. But when she looked at the girl he was talking to, her expression turned sour.