Chapter Four

Alex and I were hiking to the tree fort toward the back of the camp. He was smiling and holding my hand. We got to the fort and I started climbing the ladder. Alex cllimbed up after be. I opened the door and went in. There was three chairs and a table. I sat  down and cleaned one off for Alex.

"See.. no one." I told him after he sat down.

"Yeah." He said.

"Are we a thing now?" I asked him.

"Do you want to be?" He asked me.

"I'd love to be." I told him.

"We can be." He said kissing my cheek. "This has to stay a secret." He told me.

"It will be." I said.

"Promise?" He said grabbing my hand.

"I promise." I said. He pulled me in and kissed me. My first real kiss.

"This is going to be the best Summer ever!" He said hugging me.

"What are we going to do when Summer is over?" I asked.

"You live in Towson, I live in Suburbia." He said, "I'll go to Dulaney High. We can stay together. My mom won't seperate me from a friend."

"A friend." I laughed and hugged him.

----

The next three days went quick. We hiked and swam. We even tried canoes again. We didnt tip until the end. He loved it though. Zack still wasn't talking to us. He would leave in the morning and be back at night. The morning of June 1st was the beginning of camp. Alex woke up and woke me up excitedly.

"Jack, c'mon. Get up!" He said waking me up. I looked over if Zack was there, and then kissed Alex. I hurried and got dressed and walked out the door to breakfast. Today all we had to do was meet each other at the stagee the rest of the day we did what we wanted. Which met teaching Alex a song.

"We'll learn music today." I smiled.

"Okay." He said walking toward the stage with me. He sat in the same spot as last time. He was holding my hand. "Do I have to share?" He asked.

"All you do is stand up and say your first and last name." I told him. We got toward the end of the group to say our names. Alex stood up.

"Alexander Gaskarth." He said and sat down. I stood up.

"Jack Barakat." We walked back to our cabin. I got out my guitar and Alex got out his. We both had acoustic guitars.

"Do you have an electric?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, its getting repaired." I told him.

"Mine wasn't allowed on the plane so I had to sell it." He told me.

"That sucks." I told him.

"It does." He said.

"So, what bands do you listen to?" I asked him.

"Green Day. Have you heard of them?" He said.

"Yeah, I love them. Do you like blink?" I asked.

"Yes." He said, "They're pretty cool."

"I pierced my ear, because Mark did it." I said showing him my earring.

"That's cute." He told me. I started playing All The Small Things by blink 182. Alex watched me.

"Want to learn that?" I said. He nodded. "Lets start simple."

"Jacky..." He said.

"Lexy..." I said back making him laugh.