Chapter Nine

We drove straight to my house. My parents weren't home. May wasn't there. Neither was Joe. NO famliy on my birthday. Just Alex and I.

"Sing me the song." I said pausing my music and begging Alex.

"Baby." He said clicking play on my computer.

"Lex." I kissed his cheek. I looked at the words. In fancy writing at the top:

Happy Birthday Jack! I love you -Alex

A Daydream Away

"It's such a great song." I smiled. He smiled back and turned on Time to Break-up by blink 182.

"Shit, fuck, I made a mistake, I thought I needed a break, the truth is I'm such a dick. Its broken, can't be fixed." He sang along with the song.

"You sang!" I said kissing him, "Your amazing." Alex blushed. "Stop being cute."

"No." He laughed. He put his head in my lap. I rubbed along his cheekbones.

"Sing for me more." I said continuing to rub his face.

"Please don't make me." Alex said looking up at my wall. "The wall is really cute."

"Like you." I said kisisng Alex's nose.

"Wanna play 20 questions?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said moving so I was looking at Alex. He sat up.

"If you had three wishes what would it be?" Alex asked.

"One, to be with you forever. Two, to be out of school. Three, this." I said leaning in kissing him.

"Awh." Alex said pulling back. "You go."

"Three most important things to you." I said.

"In order, you, music, food." Alex said simply.

"I love you." I rubbed his leg.

"I love you more." He kissed me.

"I don't want to play anymore." I smirked. I heard the door of the hallway open, "Never-fucking-mind." I chuckled. My mom knocked on my door. "Come in." I said as my mom opened my door.

"Happy Birthday, sweetie!" My mom said as she came in the door. "Hi Alex!" My mom smiled. Alex waved.

"He's staying tonight, sorry I didn't ask." I looked at my mom.

"The door stays open." My mom warned.

"We'll sleep in the living room, if it makes you feel better." I said to her.

"I'd like you to do that." My mom smiled, "I ordered a pizza. It'll be here later. And May and Alex are grabbing cake."

"You don't have to do that." I said to my mom.

"Its your birthday, stop." My mom said, "Joe is home, go talk to him." She walked out of my room and down the hall.

"C'mon, meet my brother." I said holding Alex's hand.

"I'd love that." He smiled. We walked down the hall into Joe's room.

"Hi, Joe." I smiled.

"Hi, Jack. Happy Birthday." He said, "Come in."

"Thanks." I said back. He turned around.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"This is my friend, Alex." I smiled.

"Nice too meet you, Joe." Alex said.

"Nice to meet you." Joe said, "Is this the boy?" He whispered. I nodded. "Go have fun, you don't need your big brother bothering you." Joe laughed. Alex and I walked out of the door.

"Do you want to watch a movie in the livivng room?" I asked Alex.

"Sure." He smiled. He followed me down the steps into my living room. I turned on the TV and changed it to the movie channel. Alex was sitting down covered up with the blanket. He had a space open for me. Alex had changed into shorts and a hoodie. I was still wearing my full outfit. I sat down beside him and he laid his head down on my shoulder.

"You're clingy." I said rubbing his head.

"I think I'm in love with you." He flipped over so he was looking at you. I leaned in connecting our lips. He was holding himself up with both of his arms. I had my arms along his sides as I kissed him. He tried to add tounge into the kiss that began as nothing and was now a crazy kiss meaning the world to both of us. I allowed him to continue. I heard footsteps.

"Keep it PG!" My mom yelled. "Jack, I told you that."

"You said nothing over kissing. That's what that was." I said disconnecting Alex from me. He was smiling and biting his lower lip.

"Sorry baby. Your dad still doesn't know and he'll be home soon." My mom said, "You might want to consider telling him tonight."

"Mom. What do you think he'll do?" I asked.

"I don't know. You need to tell him." She said, "Or let him find out himself."

"Jack." Alex said rubbing my arm, "Will he hate me?"

"Don't worry about him doing that, baby." I smiled.

"Its up to you sweetie." My mom said rubbing my head.

"I'll think about it." I looked up at her.

"Okay..." She said walking into the kitchen. I heard Alex and May walk into the door. Alex sprung up and sat beside me. May was in the kitchen with my mom and Alex walked in.

"Is this your special someone?" She laughed. I nodded. "I'm Alex." She said shaking his hand.

"Jack has told me about you, I'm Alex too." He smiled.

"Dick." She said hitting my shoulder, "Best friend and boyfriend with the same name." I smiled.

"You're awful." I said getting up and hugging her.

"Happy Birthday, Jacko." She said hugging me.

"Thanks." I laughed. I slouched back down onto the couch beside Alex. May, my mom, and Alex were in the kitchen behind closed doors making loud noise. "She's an ass, sorry."

"She's cool." He smiled. I wrapped my arm around him making him lay on my chest while we watched some random movie. "I love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too." I said just as my dad walked into the living room.

"Jack Barakat, what are you doing?!" My dad yelled. I jumped up.

"Don't be mad, please, don't be mad." I said, "This is Alex, he is my boyfriend and I like him a lot." My dad didn't talk. He turned  around and walked up our steps. "Dad! Please wait!" I said watching him shun me. I felt tears in my eyes. I had never had so much pain in my body. My own dad. My own dad, hated me.