Chapter 3

Emily's POV

"Ok Emily, you get to go home today." A lady said. I looked at her with confusion. Home. What, or where is my home. Whatever. She handed me a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and cowgirl boots. She left and I changed into them. When I opened the door, a man and a boy were standing out there.

"Let's go." The boy said. He and the man walked ahead. The man turned around and walked back to me.

"Your Emily and I are your dad. That's Tony, your adopted brother." He said. I nodded slowly and followed him. We walked to a big truck. This Tony opened the door for me and helped me into the truck. He closed the door and went behind us. There was a knocked on the window behind me, and my dad started the truck and drove away. He took us to a barn. It read Horseland. He stopped the truck, and the door was opened for me. Tony was there. I climbed out of the truck and landed on a dirt road. A group of people ran up to me.

"Emily, your ok." A blond girl said. She was hugging me. I was tensed. A Mexican girl tapped her on the shoulder. When the blond girl looked at her, the Mexican girl pointed to me. The blond girl released me.

"Sorry about Sarah, she just forgot you don't remember any of us. I'm Alma." The Mexican girl said. Sarah was the blondie, and Alma was the Mexican girl. An African American girl walked up to us, with another girl who had a braid in her hair.

"I'm Molly." The African American girl said.

"And I'm Nani." The other girl said. Two more girls and two boys walked out. One of the girls had more dark blond hair and the other one was ginger.

"I'm Chloe and that's Zoe." The dark blond girl said. The ginger was Zoe. One of the boys had shoulder-length dark hair with tan skin.

"I'm Bailey." He said. He elbowed the boy next to him. He had blond hair, blue eyes and skin that was pale compared to the tanner boy. Bailey was the more tanner boy's name, right?

"Will." The blond boy said. He sounded like he was upset. I'm telling the truth here. The blond boy was kinda cute.

"Why don't we show you Dusty." The blond girl said. Wait, what was her name? She led me to the barn. When we walked in, there was a beautiful horse.

"Hi Dusty," I said.

---------------------------------

Dusty's POV

I saw Emily. She was smiling. She was also staring at me. What are they talking about? Emily remembers me.

"Hi Dusty." She said. I neighed. She walked up to me. Then she passed me and walked up to Jimber. Jimber looked at me. I felt my heartbreaking.

"Dusty," Scarlet said. I looked to the ground. I didn't want to hear it.

"Ummmm," Sarah said. I looked up. Will walked up to Emily.

"That's Jimber. He's my horse." He said. He turned Emily, so she was facing me. "That's Dusty. Your horse." Will said. Emily walked up to me. She stared at me. She moved her hand up to my mane. She took the feather out and stared at it. Does she at least remember India? She looked up to me, then to everyone else.

"Why does he have the feather in his hair?" She asked. Tony slapped his forehead. Mr. Matthews had a sad look on his face. I didn't care about what everyone else looked like. I kicked at my stall door. Emily looked scared, and she backed away to Scarlet's stall.

"How do you not remember India? She was your first horse. She was the one who actually had me trust you!" I shouted. Will walked up to me. He slowly brought his hands up to me.

"Easy boy." He said to me. He was able to put his hands on my face. I was breathing hard. Will was rubbing my cheek. He looked at me. He opened my stall and walked me out to the pasture. He looked at me. "Listen, Dusty, I know how your feeling. We just need to help her remember that's all. That means no freaking out at her." He said to me. I nodded. He rubbed my face. He walked back into the barn. I puffed out some air. I started pacing. Emily came walking out. I neighed. She looked at me, then she ran to the truck. Great, now she's scared of me. I plopped myself down and rested my head on the grass.