Chapter 12

This is going to take place from when they find Dusty.

Emily's POV

I find Dusty on the ground. Sarah was on Scarlet and I was on Jimber with Will.

"Dusty!!" I screamed. I get off of Jimber before he had stopped. I run over to Dusty and kneel before him. I examined his body. He was fine, but when I saw his leg I was about to throw up. It was covered in blood. I turn to Will. "Call the vet. Tell him to get here fast." I said. Will pulled out his phone and called the vet. I put my hands on Dusty's stomach. His breathing was slowing down.

"He said that he'll get here as fast as he can," Will said to me.

"Don't die, please don't die. I can't lose someone I love again." I whispered. I was petting his soft mane when the vet finally arrived. He and a bunch of other people took Dusty and put him in the car, and drove away. I was hugging myself. Will mounted onto Jimber, then I climbed onto Jimber. Will had Jimber go back to Horseland. I got off of Jimber when he stopped. I walked straight into the barn, ignoring everyone. I walked into Dusty's stall and sat down. Tears were rolling down my face. Someone walks in and they sat down next to me. They wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into them.

"He'll be fine." They said. It was Will. I couldn't say anything. I rested my head on his chest.

"Why does all the bad things happen to me?" I asked. I felt him shrug.

"Don't know." He said. I just kept crying. When I finally stopped crying, I ended up falling asleep.

When I woke up, I was in an unfamiliar room. I looked around me. I was alone in the room. I looked at myself. I stall had my clothes on.

"Someone has serious bed head." I hear Will say. He was standing in the doorway. I couldn't even smile at him. All I did was stare at the bed. He sat down next to me.

"I thought it was just a bad dream. Now I realized that it was all real." I mumbled. He didn't say anything.

"Let's go get breakfast." He said. He was trying to change the topic. I followed him to the kitchen. I wasn't able to eat much. I walked out to the barn and sat on a crate. I felt like crying, but tears wouldn't come out.

------------------------------------

Scarlet's POV

Emily looked like she wanted to cry, but she didn't. I felt guilty. It was my fault Dusty was in this situation. It was my fault that I got him hurt. I should've just told him about the foal when I found out, instead of hiding it.

"Scarlet, don't feel guilty." Button said.

"How can I not? I didn't tell anyone about the foal. Instead, I just hid it. I'm so stupid."

"Don't say that," Calypso said.

"Scarlet, he made the choice he did. He was worried about you when you didn't come back. For a good chunk of the day he was pacing in the pasture." Freedom said.

"So what, that doesn't help me now. If he doesn't make it, then what will I tell her? Oh, daddy died while trying to protect us?" I snapped.

"Scarlet calm down, I don't think this is good for the foal," Aztec said. I ignored him. As I was about to say something, Sarah came walking in.

"Hey Scarlet, ready for that ride?" She asked. I didn't want to ride today. She went to get my saddle and bridle. I sighed. When she tacked me up she pulled me to the riding ring. Will came walking by.

"Sarah, I don't think you should be riding Scarlet," Will said. My saviour.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Scarlet is almost three months pregnant. Right now she needs to rest. That also means no one riding on her till that foal is born." He said. Sarah sighed and pulled me back to the barn. She untacked me and put me in my stall. I layed down on the ground of my stall. I looked and saw my stomach was bigger. I sighed and fell asleep.