Chapter Eleven, In Memmory of Chapter 5

So Who likes Alana? She’s based on my li’l sister, whose name I am not allowed to give because she wont let me, She’s not really that annoying in real life, And since we’re talking about her, I’ll leave you with her favourite phrase:

-____________________________- It’s a whale!

p.s Chapter Five died

X Gwen

.

.

.

.

.

“All right.” Said Alana. “Shopping time.”

“How much is this going to cost?” I asked.

“Only a couple of….. well,  it’s best you don’t know.” She said, finishing her sentence quickly. “Now we need milk, eggs, flour, blueberries, strawberries, a mini stove thingy, a blender, kitchen forks and stuff. Um… Some Plates, Icing sugar, Bread, Butter, Garlic, Lettuce, Mint, Carrots-“

“Hold on a minute.” I said. “Why don’t you make a list? I won’t be able to remember all that!”

“Fine!” She said sighing and began to scribble down her ingredients messily, muttering to herself.

Forty Five exhausting minutes later I was carrying several bags, heavily burdened while somehow, and all I wanted was to go home. Alana was carrying her lot with a satisfied smile across her face, Not at all bothered.

“So.. what’s for breakfast then?” I asked as we walked back to the Uni.

“Pancakes with a fruit salad.” She said, grinning. “And lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches with spinach and ricotta, dinner is Ravioli with my special pasta sauce.”

“Sounds Yum.” I said.

“It is.” She said. “I came third with the pancakes, fifth with the sandwiches, according to Matt they were a bit to basic… although I did make the bread myself. And first with the ravioli, I made it from scratch, but that takes a lot of time , so i just bought the packet mix.”

“Oh. Ok.” I said, a bit stunned at her obsession with cooking. “Are you like some cooking… genius?”

“Basically.” She said modestly.

“So why didn’t you win then?” I asked.

Her face hardened. “Well, apparently my dish wasn’t cooked enough. But personally, I think Gary always liked jenny better than me. ”

“Really?” I asked, pretending to be interested.

Yeah, It was always ‘Oh Jenny this is amazing!’ Or ‘I love the way you arranged those eggs Jenny.’ And to me he was always like ‘Oh Alana, This is not as good as Jenny’s!’ or ‘Alana, look at the way Jenny did it.’ Stupid Jenny.” She spits on the ground. “At least Jenny didn’t come first. Jermey beat her to it.”

“Well.” I said, unsure of what to say. “We should probably-“

“And It was so so SO obvious that my dish was better than hers. I mean really Jenny? Your Sponge Cake could never compare to my chocolate soufflé with crushed berries and topped with flakes of white chocolate and stuffed strawberries. I mean really? Who makes that sort of Idiotic decision?”

“Er… Yeah.” I said. “Who does? That’s so er-“

“I know! Still, I did do pretty well.”