Chapter 19

Today's the day. Leaving my kids alone with Maggie even for just a couple days was hard. Everything is pretty hard at this point. The exams passed quickly and to my surprise I did relatively well, but of course Tom exceeded expectations. Everything is going so fast, I thought as I packed up our things from our temporary home. I couldn't hold back my tears as I began to think of what was to come. I took a deep breath as I heard the babies waking up from their nap. This is my life now.

     We leave later today, we are officially Hogwarts Alumni. I would never tell Tom but I am so scared about the near future, especially concerning the orphanage. I guess I'm just trying keep a brave face and say I'm okay for the sake of Tom's sanity. I'm still so careful about what I say to him because I never know when he's gonna snap. I'm not sure how the whole ordeal will go but I'm sure the orphanage will welcome us. We are all underage, of course they have to accept us. I'm really going to miss having our own little place but this is just for now. Tom said he is going to get a job as soon as we move to the orphanage so he can get us a place of our own, and I trust him after all I know he will be able to get a great job with his grades.

   Tom is so much more than I expected and I know it's because ha has his ability to love. I know he has been awful to me a few times in the past but there have been amazing times too, and I know he's trying. You can give someone back their ability to love but remember even the worst people you've ever met can love, they just refuse to. I know he was reluctant at first and maybe he still is about letting me in, but I know for a fact that he's trying to, and that's all I care about. For the first time I felt like he truly cared for me and my well-being. He watches out for me and and asks if I need anything. He's even been trying to get close with the twins. He is so amazing with them it's honestly a little surprising. I know the twins weren't conceived in an conventional manner or under ideal circumstances, but they are still ours no matter how you look at it. Raven and Scarlett are a piece of both him and I. They are our children and nothing they or anyone else can say or do will ever change that.

Tom is out having a meeting with his followers and I'm here packing all our things with the help of magic. Tom and I have gotten so close to where all of his things are mine and my things are his. We share everything and I wouldn't have it any other way. His night shirt is my night shirt and my quills are his quills and everything in between. I didn't think we'd be able to have a real husband and wife relationship but this is slowly developing into one. Well as real as it can get with how it came to be. There's no scandalous romance but I think it's deeper than that. We actually go to each other for things like advice and we talk about how our day is. In the course of a few weeks we actually made more progress than in the beginning 9 months. I'm not sure if it has more to do with his full ability to love being restored or maybe it's something deeper, something to do with respect and the bond between spouses. It's more than I could've ever imagined from him even with his curse removed. I sent a letter to the orphanage some days back explaining our situation. Something long the lines of their current tenant Tom Riddle now having a family that requires room and board. Nothing too bad right? It worries me that I haven't received a reply but at least they'll be informed about us before we arrive later today.  I'm assuming that of course muggles do owl letters. They have no return address. I must be going absolutely bonkers with all that I've had on my plate lately.

Tom was finally back and I noticed some dirt on his white button up shirt. "Trip to the forbidden Forrest?" I asked absentmindedly. He sort of grunted in response. I didn't press further as he shrunk most of our things and stuck them in his pocket. I know he doesn't want to go back the orphanage, especially with the kids and I. I sighed as I got the children ready to go. "Everything will be fine," I said to Tom as I noticed his flustered state. "I know," He said as he picked up the children in their carriers before he existed the empty home. A quick walk around to make sure we weren't forgetting anything and then I'm off. This is the place I had my children, the place I died and came back to life in, the place I met and married young Voldemort and the place that pushed me head on into my new life. Some of the most important events in my life so far happened here at this school. Goodbye Hogwarts, I thought as I exited the room and followed Tom through the school and to the carts drawn by invisible beasts that would take us one step closer to our new temporary home.