Facts and Sequel Trailer

Read about the sequel below
A lot of people ask where my idea came for this story came from and about my inspiration so I decided to bring you
             TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT SINS OF THE FATHER
I hope this answers your questions, enjoy!

1. Roslyn is pronounced as (ROZ-LYN) I got that name from a version of Romeo and Juliet I read in High school. Roslyn was Romeo's previous love (before Juliet) that joined a convent saddening Romeo greatly. I knew I wanted to use that name so I waited until I had an OC that I thought would be perfect for it.

2.  This idea originally sprang from wanting to do something where Tom has a son or daughter to see what I could do with that. If I'd make him act caring with the child or strict. I wanted to give Tom a new side that could be taken and adapted by other authors, a side that shows compassion for something that was his own.

3. I had originally believed that I was going to have Voldemort canoodle with Roslyn in order to conceive the child but I thought that was out of character and would cause some awkward/angry feelings for Roslyn when I wanted it for the most part to be as smooth and convenient as possible. Also that would be considered rape and I refuse to romanticize that. I also didn't really like the idea of her "doing the do with you-know-who" even if it was consensual.

4. So the insemination idea I think came from my lack of knowledge on the subject that caused me to want to research it more. I literally read up on insemination and watched all kinds of introduction videos on it before deciding. I felt like it was the smoothest and most logical way to have her conceive a child.

5. One of the reasons and probably the main reason for Roslyn having twins is for the fact that with insemination there is a higher chance of conceiving more than one child than with sexual reproduction. I really just wanted to play on that because I really couldn't decide if they should have a boy or a girl. The twin idea was originally just supposed to buy me some time on the decision because I really wanted to get that chapter out quickly. This is explained better in number 9. This book was also originally called "Inseminated" but upon publishing it on Wattpad I decided that title was bit too bold and little odd no matter the correlation. I decided "Sins of The Father" had the ominous and mysterious vibe I was going for. However the original version of this book is still on Quotev and it's still called "Inseminated".

6. The name "Raven" for a boy was inspired by a guy friend I have with the that nick name and although it was suggested for a girl I thought it would be unique to put it in as an option for the boy and to my surprise a good majority of people liked it.

7. Scarlett Dawn is what I can see myself naming my daughter one day and that's why I chose Dawn as a middle name for the highly suggested name "Scarlett"

8. I had originally written an immensely awkward garter toss scene in the wedding chapter but for the sake of proper characterization and development I deleted that part. For those of you that don't know what a garter toss is it's when the bride sits down and the groom goes under her dress to grab the garter (elastic band around the bride's thigh) with his teeth! Then the groom flings it into a crowd of single men. It's like the bouquet toss but for guys. The wedding was just supposed to be a convenient, elegant little reception and I felt it was so out of character for Tom to do something like that.

9. As I sort of explained in number 5 there wasn't supposed to be triplets I just kind of used the twins as a way to buy me some time to decide on a gender for the baby and then I'd kill one off but when I went to do that I decided that twins were what I wanted to go for so I made the cut throat decision to say that it was supposed to be triplets.

10. One of my earliest ideas was to have Roslyn have a miscarriage causing Tom to have to impregnate her again later in the story the natural way since insemination did not exist in the 40's. I figured that this would be a good way to get the romance started until I realized that it was much too soon for them to engage in sexual acts. I knew I could use this idea because Tom wouldn't be against doing it if it meant that the plan would not fail. He would figure that it needs to be done because his future self insisted on him having an heir. I very am happy I didn't choose this road because things would've been really awkward if I couldn't rush a romance strong enough to compensate for the fact that they were doing the "hippity-dippity" so early on in their relationship. I didn't want to rush a romance because Tom Riddle is not the sort of character to commit to a romance so early on with a random woman from the future at least that's what I think. He wasn't even planning on keeping Roslyn close at all he just figured she had to be there so he could protect his heir.

11. I have no regrets for this book except for doing the triplet thing and killing off a baby. I kinda wish I hadn't of done that as well as name her Gina. I don't know what I was thinking but on the day I wrote that chapter I thought the name "Gina" was pretty swanky so I put it in. However how can I have epic names like Raven Salazar and Scarlett Dawn and then say their deceased sisters name is Gina. Not that it isn't a beautiful name it just to me sounds like what Tom would consider a "muggle name".

12. I knew I wanted to do a back into the 40's sort of thing but there's so many stories with the same story line so I thought why doesn't Voldemort do something like that? Wouldn't he like to make things different as well?  Thus came the idea for "Sins of the Father"

BONUS FUNFACT NUMBER 13: The "liquid luck curse" is not a real thing in the Harry a potter world. She wasn't supposed to be fated with the death thing but when I was writing that chapter I knew I had to have something to make her feelings for her mother's death increase to the point where she would get angry enough to rant to him about his life making him have his "pivotal epiphany" moment where he realizes that his wife was precious to him because she would give her life for what would benefit him. I wanted some conflict and I also realized there wasn't enough "closeness" between them so I came up with this idea which would evidently bring them closer.

Any-who so there's some facts for you guys I hope you enjoyed them. If you have any questions for the origin of names or ideas or anything really just leave it in the comments. Also tell me if you enjoyed this and if you'd like me to do more of these in the future of this series. Make sure you check out my sequel!

ABOUT THE SEQUEL: It is currently published and the first update will be up tomorrow so go add it to your reading list!!!
Trailer to the sequel:
Sins Of The Mother