Chapter 26

You know I think I would've made a great secret agent in a another life where I was born a muggle. For as quick and intuitive as Tom is he didn't seem to sense that he was being followed, by his wife and children no less. If it wasn't for my stroller of twins I would be able to be a little closer.

When he left this morning I wasted no time in getting up and getting myself and the twins together quickly. If Tom won't tell me the truth himself I guess I'm going to have to find out myself. I can't even stop to wonder what consequences would be conducted by him if he found out about my schemes. I bit my lip as Tom slipped around the corner. I felt stares on me as I jogged over to the building with the stroller and peeked around the corner.

    A few doors down was his job, maybe he's actually going to work today. I slipped around the corner and continued on following my conniving husband. I don't appreciate being lied to and kept in the dark. He should know me well enough to understand that he could tell me anything. However since he's not telling me anything I can only assume it's something he doesn't want me to know about. It has to be something bad. I was silently hoping he'd be a good boy and go to work but when he slipped past the building I knew I'd be getting some type of information today.

   Suddenly he stopped at a flat building. I furrowed my eyebrows as I retreated a bit sticking my body to building behind me just Incase he happened to peer my way. He began knocking on the door. Whoever lives here has to be incredibly rich, this place is huge! Suddenly the door opened and an old enormous woman with an atrocious red wig stepped out. She was short and clad in vibrant pink robes that swallowed her round figure. She wore a gleeful smile as she bounced on her heels. Just then my husband and the father of my two children stooped down to kiss this dispicable woman on the rouge caked cheek.

    Tears welled up in my eyes as she wrapped her arms around his left arm and led him into her house. I covered my mouth with my hands as I tried to gain my composure. I knew it, he's cheating on me. How could he do this to me? Especially with a freak like that. I could see her over done makeup from here, and did I mention she's at least 40 years his senior? He's definitely not doing this for intimacy, he knows where he can get some of that rest assured. There has to be another motive for his out of character antics.

    I couldn't help myself from going to take a closer look. He didn't look like he was dreading her presence either, he's such a good actor. He couldn't possibly like this woman, right? Either way who knows what else he's kissing to get on her good side. If he's kissing her and coming home and kissing me that's the ultimate disrespect. He wouldn't engage in any acts like that would he? This must be for money I mean her house is huge. Is my husband literally trying to prostitute himself? I can't think of anything else he could possibly be doing. Yet that sounds impossible, and disgusting.

    I stood in front of the house for what seemed like forever, before I got enough courage to sneak around the house to see if I can get a glimpse of what's going on inside. As soon as no one was around I stealthily made my way to her side gate and opened it up slowly before wheeling the stroller inside. I closed the gate behind me and left the sleeping twins by it. I swiftly wiggled between the building and her huge plants trying to spot a window. When I saw an uncovered one I realized it was much to high for me to look into. With the help of magic I was able to levitate to the window and peer inside the mansion.

     A clear view of the living room was all I needed to know that I wouldn't be happy with Tom for a while. He was sitting way to close to this monstrosity. He was talking to her as she laughed and smiled. I glared at the scene infront of me as she reached for his hand taking it her hers. Her free hand suddenly took something out of a bag. Do my eyes deceive me or is that the Cup of Hufflepuff? I watched as Tom's eyes glued to the object and a genuine grin erupted in his lips. It was a snide one and it was paired with a glint of desire on his features. His fingers clasped around it as the woman brought something else into view, a locket, Slytherin's locket be exact. I'd know those items anywhere, I studied them profusely at Hogwarts. This isn't about money. Though I had believe it had been so that he could makeup for what he didn't make. This is about his daft desire for his toys. These ones aren't dark though so why does he want them desperately enough to fraternize with the likes of that lady?

     I watched as he reached for the locket only to have her draw it back with a teasing smile. She used her free hand to tap her cheek. She wants my husband to kiss her nasty cheek. I'm so angry I can hardly keep track of my emotions. As he leaned down to do so I completely lost my concentration, causing the spell to fail and I began to fall. The spell must have rebounded or something because the glass on the window exploded and began to fall with a crash.

   I groaned as I rolled over on the hard ground. Suddenly my eyes widened as I looking around panic stricken, I need to get out of here. I jumped up while hissing in pain. My arm is bleeding profusely from landing in glass. I sprinted to the stroller and whipped open the gate. I ran like a bat out of hell getting away from that mad house. People stared at me as I ran but I didn't care, my arm hurts and my children are crying but the pain in my heart is even worse. He chose material things over his family. These are for his horcruxes no doubt. Even after I gave him the ability to love he refuses to utilize it. He will always choose power over us, always.

——-///————//———-/
This is still kinda going along with Tom's original life story on what he did after graduating. The timeline is different but it makes sense. So if you knew about what he actually does in these years it all makes sense.
Thanks for reading.