Chapter 47

I spent the whole day in the nursery with my twins. I've been abandoned by the one person that I thought I could lean on through everything. Now that the most devastating thing has happened to me I have no one to turn to because the person I usually turn to happens to be the cause of my devastation. My chest feels tight and I can hardly focus on anything but the situation at hand. It's like he's crushed my soul and taken my happiness. I've done so much for him, I thought as my fingers found my horcrux necklace. I've given up my life to be a devoted wife and raise our kids. I've done nothing but support him. How can he treat me like his enemy when I want nothing more than for us to be happy together. That's all I've ever wanted.
—-
In the days that followed I stayed clear of Tom usually sticking to the comfort of the nursery that held my babies. I made an effort to stay away from him no matter how much my heart yearned for him. Even though in the weeks leading up to our falling out we weren't as close we still had something. There wasn't this awful awkwardness and resentment in the air. I feel like I haven't seen him in days and all I can think about are the days when our love was as wild as the wind. I even thought of our days at Hogwarts while I was pregnant. Some memories were strong enough to bring a smile to my face and others were easy to tear it away. The thought of both of our weddings gave me mixed feelings as I remembered how far we were from loving each other when we first wed. The second time I walked down the isle I couldn't be more in love with him. It's so hard to not feel absolutely horrible about what Tom has done.

I began to think about how sweet he was to me even with his compulsive teasing. The time he surprised me with the washer and I confessed what I had done to his shoe in anger came to mind. My heart ached whilst I thought about how I showed him who I truly was in my past life and how he told me I was his perfect wife. That was a day to perfect to comprehend when I think of what he's done. All the love we made and all the things we've been through seemed to become nothing. I wiped away a few stray tears that fell from my eyes as I looked at our wedding picture in my hands. What I would do to go back to those days or to make these ones just as sweet. I miss him so much even when he's only a few feet away from me. That's Voldemort coming home every night, not Tom Riddle.

Slow music was playing in the bedroom as I applied lotion to wet body. I hardly take care of myself these days. It's been difficult to even get up and get going. I stopped going to the florist and I stay here and continue cooking and cleaning for my enemy. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was able to return to the future with my babies. I wish it were possible to leave this place and start over sometimes. I could live with my dad and sibling and I would be able to see my friends and tell them all about the trouble I've seen here in the 1940's. It seemed like a perfect dream until I realized that an angry Voldemort would be there searching for me. I don't know what brought on this resentment but I know Tom is the type to keep grudges and as time goes on he grows more angry.

I was so engulfed in my thoughts I didn't hear Tom come in. If I had I would've bolted to the nursery. I pulled my towel closer to my body and I took a step back as he entered the room. He was completely silent as I moved to leave to leave the room. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder stopping me. "You're home early," I said quietly as I faced away from him. "You know to face me when speaking," he said to which I slowly turned to face him. His hand only adjusted on my shoulder as I moved. "Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked as he trailed his hand down my bare arm causing me to shiver. I don't know what he's expecting to hear but I'm afraid what he'll do if it's not what I say. "You said civil," was all I could choke out as I casted my eyes downward away from his menacing stare. "Running to the other room when I return is not civil," he said taking another step towards me. "You seemed like you wanted space," I said trying to avoid his anger. "Smart girl," he said as I felt his fingers begin to play with the top of my towel just above my breast. "Yet I never said you had to disappear completely." Something about his tone of voice made me extremely uncomfortable. I couldn't help but fear him and his intentions. Daring to look into his eyes I thought I saw a bit of him for a split second. It was soft and beautiful and when it left and was replaced with an abrasive look it made me want to cry.