Chapter Twenty Four

Ofcourse, Broken hadn't told her what do get ready for. She had simplysaid 'pack for like, three days and meet me in the courtyard'. Isn'tthat helpful?

Plastichad given a hasty goodbye to Chemical, then raced to her room, hermind moving as fast as her legs.

Shewas now sitting in her room with the empty black packpack Scientifichad given her sitting in front of her, trying to decide what to pack.She only had the one outfit, which was about the same as most peoplehad, so she was mostly debating which jackets. In the end she decidedon her skeleton hoodie and her father's old one, just in casewherever the hell she was going was cold.

Afterthat she slipped her pocket knife in, then finally, a loose ball ofscratchy, pale yellow yarn. She wasn't entirely sure why, but itseemed like something that might come in handy. She would feel moreconfident about all this if dang Broken had just said where they weregoing.

Thebackpack was fairly large, so after she had packed all that, therewas still plenty of room. After a moment of hesitation, she shovedthe maroon sweater inside then slipped the bag over one shoulder,heading out into the courtyard.

Sinceit was night, the courtyard was empty. Empty, that is, except for ashort man with black hair, in a green jacket with one yellow sleeve.Plastic recognized him immediately. He was one quarter of thefabulous four. To be more specific, it was Fun Ghoul.

Ridiculously,her first thought was 'three down, one to go'. Her second thought wasa sharp nervousness that settled in her stomach. She hesitated, tooka deep, silent breath, then continued to walk, pretending she hadn'tnoticed him. Luckily, he was facing away from her.

Shesat on a concrete bench, trying to look anywhere but at him. He had abackpack on his back too, which told her that he was going onwhatever mission she was. He grinned at her. "Hey."

Sheflashed a smile in what she hoped was a nonchalant fashion. "Hey."

"I'mFun Ghoul."

"PlasticParade."

Shefidgeted and looked away.

"Areyou going on the mission too?" He tilted his head like a curiouspuppy. She nodded, too quickly. "Yeah. I have no idea what it isthough."

Funlaughed. "Me neither."

Reliefspread through her limbs. She wasn't alone in her ignorance, thankgod. "Oh good. Is it normal for Broken to not tell people stuff?"

Henodded. "My... friend is like that too. I'll get him to explainwhen he shows up."

Plastichad a sneaking suspicion he was talking about Party Poison. She alsohad a sneaking suspicion that Party and Fun weren't just friends."Ah."

Aftera moment, Plastic realized that Fun was looking at her bare arms,which were covered in scratches and scars. She blushed,uncomfortable, and crossed them, hoping Fun wouldn't notice that shenoticed.

Heopened his mouth, but before anything came out, the two heard thesound of footsteps approaching.

Sheturned to see Party Poison, closely followed by Broken Narcotic.Great, now that was three people that she had an opportunity toembarrass herself in front of.

Sheepishly,she waved, then internally cursed herself for doing so. She crossedher arms.

"Okay,"Party said, clapping his hands together once. "So. The mission."

"Yes,"Fun interrupted. "The mission. Which you have told me nothingabout. You asshole."

Party'sface flushed. "I was getting to that. Anyway, the mission." Hecleared his throat. "Right. So, this doesn't really require anybodybut me to go, but just in case there is a firefight, you other threeare coming along. There shouldn't be a firefight though."

"Getto the point," Fun groaned, obviously bored. "I don't really carewhy you're taking us, I just want to get going."

Partycrinkled his nose at Fun, then ignored him. "Basically, we've beengiven a message from Doctor Death to meet us at an old hideout ofhis. There is actually quite a few killjoys there, but despite thenumber of people, it hasn't been discovered by BL/ind. It has verygood security. So yeah." He cleared his throat again. "We'll begoing there."

|A/N: Oof. This chapter was painful to write. And Party and Fun are probably really OOC. I've had writers block, okay? Cut me some slack.|