Chapter 5

'Dear Sanskar, I want you to compensate for saying that my husband in not worth my tears. How can you? No one, I repeat no one can ever say anything to my husband. Not even he himself. And now when you have unwantedly dug the hole for yourself, you need to bear the consequences.'
'What wrong did I said Swara, but still if you want, I will compensate. Happy?!' Sanskar said in a matter of fact tone.
'Super happy!' Sanskar was flabbergasted seeing his wife getting excited just because he was apologizing in the form of compensation, just because he called himself names. He wondered if it wasn't for Swara, then how would have he survived till now.

-----------

2 months later.

Everything was going normally, as Sanskar instructed Swara never said a word about their families. It was the forbidden topic. As her pregnancy was proceeding, so were her mood swings. At a time she wanted Sanskar to wear her favourite cucumber cologne, so that she can cuddle him to sleep, and the very next second she won't let Sanskar even enter the house if he was wearing it. Her morning sickness was increasing gradually, at times she puked so much that Sanskar had to confirm with the doctor if everything was fine. Although being a woman Swara knew that this all was common in pregnancy, but she never Sanskar from calling the doctor if she would puke so much, or if she would cry and he'll think that it is because she must be in pain, partly to let Sanskar's worry fade and partly to settle the unsettling feeling inside her because she would also fear when she would puke the shit out of her throat.

They both knew it all that this was because of the lack of family, but they necer raised a question about it, cause thay knew even if they were not at all fault, their families are not coming back.

----------

A few days later, at night.

It was half past 2 and Swara was twisting and turning on her side. She was very restless. At last not able to handle this frustration she decided to wake Sanskar up and ask him to bring her favourite doughnuts, from the bakery in the next lane.

'Sanskar, Sanksar wake up. Sanksar I am not able to sleep.' Swara shaked him vigorously.
'What happened Swara, do you want something? Should I make you a hot chocolate.' Sanskar in his ultra husky voice, asked Swara knowing that he was not in the condition to even climb down the bed.
Swara nodded a no and said, 'No, I want you to cuddle me, because baby wants to be close to Papa, so that he can have good dreams.' After seeing his extra sleepy eyes and tiredness form his work on his face, she was not able to request him to fulfill her silly demands.

'Un uh! Mrs. Maheshwari, baby or his Maa wants to cuddle his papa.'
'Whatever makes you happy.' Swara said finally finding some peace in his embrace.
------

'Swara tell me what's wrong? Why are you behaving like this, you didn't slept even a blink yesterday and today you are so frustrated. I know that they are not moodswings. Tell me what is bothering you? Is it about me getting extra busy these days.' Sanskar asked Swara who was sitting on the kitchen counter with a cute pout.

As days passed Sanskar noticed Swara's 600 mood swings in 60 seconds, her cravings, her trantrums, her everything, but this was new, she was behaving a little weird lately.

'No Sanskar, promise me you won't laugh.' Swara demanded.
'I promise I won't.'
'Woh I saw that when Prinyanka was pregnant, her belly grew in only two weeks. She looked like a balloon, but I am 3 months, see my belly is not even showing, do you think by any chance our baby is growing very slowly?'
'Swara, doctor already told us that it takes 12 weeks for a baby's body organs to grow properly, and then your womb wilk start bloating. Did you forgot? And in no way Priyanka's belly would have grown so much in just two weeks.'
'No, I counted properly, in episode 55 she told ger husband she was pregnant, and in episode 65 she looked like a helium balloon.'
'That's not..... Wait, episode? You mean this Priyanka was pregnant in one of your crap drama serial?'

'Hey don't call my serial crap. And yes she was pregnant.' She said stifling a giggle and ran away.
'Swaraaaa.... Wait I'll catch you.' Sanskar ran after her.