Singing Away the Blues

Dedicated once again to TheRedDelilah, because she's amazing and made me a new cover and gorgeous banner on the side. She's so talented, love her writing and her covers!

********************************************************************

I was in a funk, and to be truthful, I smelled kind of funky too, but that’s what heart ache will do to you. It was Sunday, my last day of hiding before the new school week started, the new week of what I’m sure would be all about Blayne and Becca. I wasn’t looking forward to that, I was dreading it.

I hadn’t once left my room since my brother’s first brought me up here on Friday night. My friends had all visited me yesterday, but were unable to get any sort of reaction out of me. Koa and Spencer were just as pissed as my brother’s were, but I gave them the same speech I did Lance and Leroy, and they gave in. Keri and Leah weren’t that easy to convince, they were so ready to charge Blayne’s house with pitchforks and torches until I reminded them that his mother would probably be home and didn’t deserve that type of scare. They too gave in, not wanting to upset me more, but they all agreed that Blayne was no longer considered a friend of theirs. They had known me all our lives, Blayne was a newcomer so in their eyes he was easily replaced. It might be considered mean, but we were practically family, you hurt one of us, you hurt us all. I was so thankful to be blessed with friends like them, there were too many friendships now days full of fakeness, betrayal, and back stabbing.

As I laid in my bed with the comforter pulled up over my head, I tried to break through the fogginess in my mind and find the strength to get up and moving without feeling like what was left of my heart would fall out of my open chest. The air surrounding me was starting to get stale, but before I could pull back the blanket, the distinct sound of car doors slamming caught my attention. I listened closely to my surroundings and heard the murmur of voices below my window before they disappeared into my house. I finally pulled back my blanket, but remained in my bed trying to pick up what all the commotion downstairs was about. I could make out the low voices of my brother’s and I could swear I heard a few squeals that sounded a lot like Keri and Leah. Glancing at my clock, it read 8:30. That couldn’t be right, none of my friends willingly got out of bed this early unless we scheduled a surf session.

Maybe that’s what was going on, but then we usually just met at the beach. Unless they were planning on forcing me to join them…Oh heck no! I wasn’t ready to brave the great out doors just yet and risk running into Blayne. Panicking, I sat up searching for a place to hide. Under the bed wasn’t an option, there was probably dust from ages ago under there and it would send me into a sneezing fit, my closet wasn’t a good choice either, it was packed with clothes, half of which I never wore but was forced by Keri and Leah to buy. Then my eyes landed on the hutch at the foot of my bed. It held a few of my favorite books, some pictures and letters, I think there was enough room for me to  squeeze in there.

The voices were getting closer to my door and I knew I had to act fast. Decision made, I started to crawl to the end of my bed with the intention of getting in the hutch, when the familiar beginning notes of my favorite song filled the air, followed a second later by a squealing pair of dark haired girls. It was Keri and Leah, dressed in shorts and t-shirts, their hair in pig tails. They jumped on either side of me, turning to face the door. Glancing down, I saw they were both wearing shirts with One Direction plastered on it, and my confusion mounted.

It turned to shock as I watched what happened next. The song that was playing got louder as Koa, dressed in nothing but a pair of boxers and a tie, strode into my room, flipping his hair to the side as he sang…