Bring on the Alcohol

Being the master of avoidance, I was able to dodge all the questions the guys threw at me. It wasn’t easy, but I played on the fact that there was a party starting soon and we all needed to get ready. Their coach helped by calling them all to the showers. I won that battle, but the looks they sent my way warned that our Caleb conversation was far from over.

I slipped into the car, Keri and Leah following suit, and  started it making my way home so we could shower and get beautified for the party. I was surprising how quiet they were being, but wasn’t about to bring it up and have them down my throat about my little after game interaction.

We reached my house and I parked in front since we would only be heading out again, then went to the back of the car to grab the bags while my two besties did the same, still eerily quiet. We beat my dad home and were alone, so I led them straight up to my room to deposit our bags and decide which two of us would shower first. The minute our bags were safely stowed on my bed, Keri and Leah squealed so loud I wished for the silence a second ago, then tackled me onto the bed right on our purchases.

Before I could get a word in, they sat up and started firing away at me.

“What the heck was that, Ly?”

“Did he kiss you on the lips, because I swear that’s what it looked like?”

“That boy is so into you, he was practically undressing you with his eyes!”

“Am I the only one who saw Blayne’s face? I only wish I was closer so I could’ve snapped a picture and posted it on face book. The caption would’ve been, ‘what losing the best thing that’s ever happened to you looks like’, it was awesome!”

They were on a roll and I couldn’t answer them if I wanted to, they were too busy recalling every little bit of Caleb and my body language while we’d been talking. I did what I usually do when they get started and can’t be stopped, lay there quietly till they remember I’m in the room too.

Finally, after deciding that the few inches of space between us meant he wanted to start something up with me as opposed to if he were a full foot away from me which would mean he only wanted to be friends, they chose to ask me how I felt. I feigned ignorance, “You mean you want me to join your conversation now? The one you were having about me as if I wasn’t right here.”

They rolled their eyes at me, used to my sarcasm, “Just spill, Lylah.” Keri ordered. So I did by answering all their questions.

“What it was, is a simple conversation between two people. He did not kiss me on the lips, but pretty close to it. He was not undressing me with his eyes, and I did see Blayne’s reaction and it’s a good thing you didn’t snap a picture because that would be mean…and funny.” I got all that out in two breaths.

“That was no simple conversation, Ly. You two were flirting like crazy and I was loving every minute of it!” Keri said, throwing her self back on my bed dramatically. She was right, that giddy feeling I got just thinking about Caleb returned, making me smile.

Leah stood up, unable to contain her excitement, and started pacing back and forth, “It was so hot, the way he was leaning into you, looking at you like you were the only girl on the field.” Then she remembered something that had her facing me and furrowing her brows, “You were getting quite a few glares from the bleachers, one girl in particular was trying to stab you with her eyes. Does Caleb have a girlfriend?”