|30|

Song above is Let the Music Play by Stan Walker. The beat and lyrics really fit this chapter really well :)

Love can break your heart
But not tonight
(Let the music play)

Let yourself be free
This is your night
(Let the music play)

Because the music won't break your heart

💗💗

And a picture of Miranda cos I forgot to put it in the last chapter 😏

🖤🖤
2007 words

"Tell me again why we're here?"

"Because it's fun, and we need to have fun once in a while," Chesca reached around Kaiden for a glass on the table, and sipped it carefully. Satisfied that it wasn't alcoholic or spiked, she took a bigger gulp.

Her broken arm had fully healed after a few days as the doctor had said, and she was all fine by the time Alpha Jackson's party had rolled around. Even she and Kaiden hadn't had any fights since then. "Aren't you having fun?"

He snorted and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes glued to his younger brother.

At least Elah was enjoying Jackson's party, Chesca mused with a shake of her head.
His smooth moves on the dance floor had attracted more than one beautiful knock-out woman, and right now he had three vying for his attention. She was just glad that none of them were hanging off Kaiden's arm. He was by far more handsome than Elah and all the other males in the room, but the scowl he perpetually had on his face was a pretty good deterrent.
No one dared mess with her mate, the mighty Alpha of Razestone.

Even Miranda, the slinky minx who'd nearly started world war 3 unintentionally was behaving herself, not touching Kaiden or even talking to him. Maybe Chesca wouldn't have to scratch her eyes out after all.

It had been a bit of a struggle convincing Kaiden to stay for the party. And even though she herself didn't really want to go to all the trouble, she wanted to prove to him and herself that she could let loose and socialise once in a while. But the loud music and crazy atmosphere was just like she'd expected and definitely not to her liking. She'd tried mingling with the crowd, and other girls her age, but her conversations with the dolled-up models with their tanned skin and daringly revealing dresses had all ended awkwardly. She never had fit in with that kind of crowd, and she didn't mind hanging out by the drinks table, standing beside Kaiden despite his sour mood. To be honest, she was tired and just wanted to go home. Kaiden's familiar presence was comforting and she found herself wanting to be near him more and more often.

Just then, Alpha Jackson walked up to them and planted himself in front of her.
"Come dance!" He tugged on her arm and grinned like a little boy. His breath was defiantly tainted with alcohol, but he didn't seem too intoxicated. His tone of voice left her little choice, but she was happy to go along with it.