Dont Be A Stranger

(WARNING: NOT PROOF READ)

......

Even to a simple observer the tension in the place is so apparent that couldn't be missed.
It is so thick that a knife can cut it.
what was supposed to be a simple meet with his friend and a simple introduction has turned into so much tension and still Ali doesn't even know the reason for the tension going on around him all he knows is that there is something going on with Neil and Avni and he is going to find out what.

Everything started 2 days ago when he got an anonymous phone call which be later discovered was from his childhood best friend Avni who he has not seen for the last 15years.

After expressing his surprise and after a lot of complaining about why she didn't contact him for so many years Ali was finally pacified when she told him that she was now back in the city of Mumbai and she wishes to meet him so that she can apologize for disappearing without even a word and they can discuss about everything that happened.

Ali needed little to no reason for him to agree for the meeting because he has been missing his best friend so much  for so long now so they decided to meet at his cafe in 2 days after its closing hours so that they can talk peacefully without interruptions.

In all his excitement to meet his childhood  your best friend and crush, Ali completely forgot that every day, after his cafe is closed, his 2 other best friends also come there from work to relax a bit and catch on with each other.

Its like a tradition that they started after they all started working after realising they won't be having enough time with each other any more.
Its their brotherhood thing.

Ali was a bit startled when he saw a tired Neil followed by almost tired DD because that was the first time in almost 3 years that he has forgotten about routine completely.

Feeling a little bit guilty about his slip, Ali started to tell Neil and DD about him expecting someone and just when Neil said ( well more of asked)
"It's Okay Ali, but who is this new friend that you are meeting today?"
It was at that moment Avni walked into the cafe and Ali said
"Well she is right behind you"

......

It was quiet, so quiet in the place that both Ali and DD started feeling uncomfortable with the situation.
DD even tried saying some jokes to lighten yo the mood but it has been to no avail.
Neil is just sitting there staring angrily at a spot on the wall behind Ali and Avni has  been silent, not saying anything, just trying to pretend that she is taking her tea and both DD and Ali are feeling incredibly confused and uncomfortable.

It has been like that for some minutes now and Ali can't really wait until the ice breaks.

Before Avni came into the cafe, Neil was perfectly alright but since....

(Some moments ago)

"She's right behind you"
Ali said to Neil with a smile on his face before rushing to hug his best friend tight.

"Avni"
She said in an emotional voice,
"I missed you".
Avni broke the hug with tears in her eyes too and said
" i missed you too Ali, how have you been?"
"I am fine but look at you. You have grown up so much. Oh how i missed you!"
He said before engulfing her in another hug.
After coming out from the hug, Avni said to him
"Oh i have grown and look at me? No, look at you, how did you lose so much weight. You are now all fit and all "

" well, if i can remember correctly, you were not that slim either Avni"
And just as Avni was about to retort, DD interrupted thief friend batter saying,
"DD we are still here Ali bhai, won't you introduce us to your special friend?"

As Ali turned to say something to DD and avnis face became visible to the other occupants of the room, that's when everything changed.
It was like the air in the room changed completely.

From from the little gaps that escaped Avnis lips when she saw Neil, to.the shift in Neils facial features, Ali got the feeling that something is odd and he even asked them
"guys, are both you alright?"
they both said
"yes", he asked again
"do you guys know each other?"
" yes" Avni said
"no" Neil said.
Ali was quite for a moment before she said again
"Is it a yes or no?"
And Thai time Neil didn't alloy Avni to talk, he said
"No, i don't think we know each other"
Neil  went on to say,
" why would you ask that?" And Ali replied with a
"Nothing"  and then he Carried on with the introduction.

After the introduction, Neil wanted to leave but he was stopped by DD, telling him that If he leaves, he would be breaking their tradition and that's how they all are sitting on a table now with slot of UNease, each holding a cup of tea.

It has been exactly 5minutes since Neil has been starting at a wall when he just upped and left, not giving anyone time to say anything. He just said

"I am tired, goodnight"

And just left and after that, it was just silence before Avni also left leaving behind 2 confused minds.

It has been a strange evening and both Ali and DD know that there is something going on and without even sting anything out loud, they both had decided that what ever it is that is going on with avni and Neil, they are surely going to find out.

.....

Please please please and please, vote and comment.
Please.
If i am not happy with the reviews, i will discontinue the story.
Thank you