His Solace

***************

It was around 10pm when Neil arrived back home. He sighed with relieve as he lowered himself into the cushions in the hall. It had been a very long day at work for him that day and though he loves his family very much, he couldn't help himself but feel relive with that fact that he hasn't seen anyone of them yet since his arrival and he hopes it stays like that for a while. A very large part of him wishes that they too had a tiring day and have already retired to their rooms. He just simply can't deal with anything or anyone at that moment, he just wants to relax and sleep. Tilting his head backward, he rest his head on the back pillow and closed his eyes, just relaxing for the first time that day.

He sighed again as he sank lower into the sofa, enjoying the feel of the softness of the sofa against his body and the feel of his body releasing tension for the first time that day.

He stayed that way for a minute or two, he can't really say, he wasn't really aware of what has going on around him. He was enjoyed himself a bit too much but a feel of a small soft body climbing onto him and the feel of small little hands on his face made him come out of the peaceful cocoon he was in.

He didn't have to open his eyes to know who it was, so without opening his eyes, he brought his hands that have been resting on the arms of the sofa and wrapped it around the little body.

He smiled while inhaling the soft scent coming from the bundle in his arms, feeling so much love and happiness filling his heart before opening his eyes to look at the cute little angel in his arms looking at him with an adorable pout on her face.

As soon as she saw him opening his eyes, an even more adorable smile came onto her face.

"Dada" she exclaimed all exited, her face reflecting the happiness she was feeling seeing him wake at her touch.

"Hey baby" he said to her in a very soft loving voice, a heartwarming smile forming itself automatically on his face. Before he could say anything more or ask her how she was and what she was doing staying awake at that time when a cute little yawn broke out on her face. Using her little hands, she rubbed her eyes, clearly trying to stay awake not wanting to sleep.

"Sleepy?" he asked her with a small smile on her face, to which she nodded her head to.

"Then why didn't you sleep baby?" he asked her while tucking some of the hairs that were falling on her face behind her ears.

"Because I was waiting for you dada" she answered innocently still rubbing her eyes with her little hands'

"But why baby? Didn't dada ask you to stop staying up past your bedtime? Dada told you to stop waiting for him if he takes time before coming home right?"

She nodded.

"Then why didn't you sleep baby? Dada told you this morning that he was going to be late today right and you know dada gets very late sometimes.

"But I can't sleep without you dada."

Just as he opened his mouth to start saying something she said again

"I love you dada"

Neil was stunned for a moment, he didn't know what to respond to her with, he kept quiet for a moment just looking at the girl in his arms, still yawning and rubbing her eyes adorably.

With his heart so full with emotions, he just gathered her in his arms and hugged her to his heart very tightly. Using one of his hands, he made her rest her head just where his heart rested in his chest. He lowered his face a just a little and a planted a very long kiss on her forehead before holding her closer to him, closing his eyes just enjoying the moment before he whispered.

"I love you too baby. Sleep now. Dada is here"

It didn't even take her a minute more before sleep consumed her and Neil sat there , his world in his arms, for a very long time just enjoying that moment before getting up and heading to his room, carrying her very carefully.

Neil was so engrossed in the girl in his arms that he failed the notice the two set of eyes following him with a teary smile.

"Raabji, let my Tillu find peace and happiness soon." They both whispered a prayer.

****************

Please please please vote and comment.
Also thank you to those that have waited this long for this story, means alot to me. I will do the best I can to finish all my stories. I promise.