Expectations

"I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick, sweetheart. I'll meet you in that store in a minute." Kelly said pointing to the store nearest to the bathroom.

"Sounds good," Andy smiled at her and headed toward the store. As soon as Kelly went into the bathroom Andy bolted, she headed straight for the exit.

Andy made it into the parking lot and quickly found a car that would blend in easily and began to pick the lock on the door. She worked quickly and soon got inside, where she hot wired the car. She'd learned a lot of neat tricks at boarding school.

The burner phone that Kozik had given her began to ring and she groaned before tossing the phone into a dumpster on her way out of the parking lot.

Andy had a plan, she drove from Tacoma to Portland, and once she reached Portland she caught a bus to Salem. She picked Salem simply because she thought it was funny. Both the Sons of Anarchy and her ex-boyfriend would be on a witch hunt to find her. She planned on being long gone by the time they found her but she had decided a long time ago that enjoying the little things in life was important.

Andy kicked her shoes off as she walked into her motel room and sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. Panic shot through Andy as she heard a group of motorcycles pull into the lot. She peaked through her window and saw men in SOA kuttes but she didn't recognize any of them from Tacoma or Charming. She could hear one of them barking orders at the others and it made her nervous.

She quickly pulled her shoes back on and slipped her knife into the waistband of her jeans with her shirt pulled over it. Andy stepped out of her motel room and leaned against the railing that overlooked the parking lot. There were four of them and they looked a little bit more like a rag tag group of friends than the hardened bikers in Tacoma. One of them spotted her watching them and flashed her a sly smirk.

The tallest of the four walked toward her, he headed up the rickety steps to the second level of the motel and Andy grew more and more nervous. She had nowhere to go. What if the club had decided to give her over to the mafia?

"Hey," the man said offering her a small but friendly smile. "Hi," Andy said quietly, taking a small step back. "Hap's a good friend of mine, and from the way you've been watching us like a hawk I'm going to go ahead and assume you're the girl he's looking for." The man leaned against the railing looking straight ahead, seeming completely relaxed.

"I don't know who Hap is," Andy lied, "but there isn't anyone looking for me."

"So you aren't the one that's got the boys in Charming fighting for their lives?"

"What's happening in Charming? Sounds like a sweet town." Andy tried to seem disinterested.

"Some gangsters trying to tear a simple MC apart over some girl. They're going to kill those guys, if that girl doesn't step up and handle her shit."

"Sounds like she would need some help. Maybe you could give that guy Hap a call? He could find that girl and he could take you guys and her to Charming and she could settle things."

The man cracked a smile, "I'll give him a call, but to make sure you don't run one of my guys will be staying in your room tonight."

"How'd you find me?"

"We were just passing through, and saw you at the bus station."

"No ones staying in my room with me. I won't run, just get your guys down here while I figure out how I'm going to handle this."

"Don't order me around, little girl."

Andy looked him over as he turned to face her, his kutte said President and Nomad on it. She rolled her eyes and stalked back into her room.

A few hours later there was an angry knock at her door that woke her up in a panic. She grabbed her knife and rushed to the door throwing it open. She was met by first a look of shock and then a laugh.

"What the hell are you going to do with that little knife?"

"What the hell, Happy?"

"Gemma and Clay gave me the orders to protect you. I ain't letting you out of my sight again, but I need to get some rest before we get back on the road. And don't ever fuckin' answer the door in your fuckin' bra and panties again."

Happy walked in, kicking his boots off and making himself comfortable. Andy rushed to grab a hoodie to cover herself with as Happy stripped the clothes from his body.

"I'm going to shower, don't even think about running. There's a prospect watching your door. Go back to sleep." He ordered her around and she sighed, there was no way out of this.

Andy groaned and got back into the bed, she set her knife down on her bedside table and tried to go back to sleep. Soon Happy came out of the bathroom in just his underwear and got into the bed, laying down so that his back was to Andy.

"We are so not sleeping in the same bed."

"There's a chair over there, sweetheart." Happy grunted as her buried his head in the pillow and fell asleep almost instantly.

"Asshole." Andy groaned before pulling the hood of her jacket up over her head and trying to sleep.

When Andy woke up there were gunshots and shouting and a body on top of hers, holding her down.

"Happy!"

She called out the first name that came to her mind and she felt an arm tighten around her. "I'm right here, girl. Be quiet, we're going to move to the bathroom and you're going to lay down in the tub, got it?" Happy whispered in her ear and she nodded. They quickly made their way off the bed and Happy kept his body between Andy's and the gunfire outside.

"You stay in this bath tub until I come get you, you got that little girl?" Happy barked quietly at Andy and she just nodded.

"You know how to use a gun?" Happy asked and she nodded again. "Anyone that doesn't have Sons kutte on comes in here, then you shoot them."

Happy ran out of the room, scrambling to get clothes on and then Andy was alone.