Hold Me Down

"She's an idiot," Gemma took a long drag off of her cigarette, "we don't even know if she's alive or dead."

"Why do you care so much anyway, Ma?" Jax asked as he sat on the couch in her office running his hand over his head, trying to collect his thoughts. He felt guilty, the guys had been hard on her, but he felt personally responsible for pushing her to handle her shit.

"I see a lot of myself in her, young, angry, and lost. She needs a family, Jackson. She's got a good heart some where in that rage."

"They took her two days ago, I don't even know if she's alive or dead. Those mobsters have left the club alone though. No more drive-bys, its all quiet." He couldn't shake the guilty feeling in his chest, they'd liked having her around. She took care of them more than they'd asked her to, she'd cared for all of them. She was a pain in the ass and annoying as all hell with all of the baggage she had, but she tried.

The office phone rang and Gemma sighed before answering it, "Teller-Morrow automotive, this is Gemma."

Jax watched his mother's frustrated look turn to one of worry as the person on the phone spoke. Gemma nodded as if the person on the other end of the phone could hear her, "Yes, we'll be right there. We're her family." She quickly hung up the phone. 

"She's in the hospital, barely hanging on. They found her in a dumpster behind some sleazy bar in Stockton.  She's in some drug induced coma, said her family was TM before they put her under. We gotta go get her." 

Jax nodded and got up, heading toward the clubhouse to get the guys. "Ope, Hap, get your shit. We found her." He barked the orders with a worried frown etched into his face.

Gemma was waiting outside by her car when the guys headed for their bikes, "Ma, what hospital?" Jax asked as he got on his bike. "Stockton Memorial, you guys can follow me."

When they reached the hospital the four rushed inside, Gemma talked to the woman at the nurses station while the guys hung back, trying to work out a plan for revenge. Two Stockton police officers were called over to get statements from Gemma and the guys.

"She's been missing for two days, we didn't think anything of it. I got into an argument with her before she split, we figured she just wanted space to clear her head. She's my cousin, we're the only family she's got." Jax lied to the police and the others followed suit. The police left soon after that, and a doctor came to escort the group to Andy's room. 

"She's in the coma because she sustained severe trauma in the attack," the doctor blocked the doorway to her room not allowing them inside, "she's bleeding into her brain. The coma will allow her brain to heal faster, she also has some internal trauma and fractures that will take a long time to heal properly. Before you go in you should know that her external wounds are quite extensive, and it may be hard for you to look at her but she needs all of your support right now."

The group all nodded and the doctor took them into the room, they all winced as they looked at her. Her right arm and left leg were in casts, she had bandages around her head and torso. Her face was swollen and bruised, she had tubes and wires connected to majority of her body. "When can we transfer her to St. Thomas? She needs to be close to home." Gemma's voice was quivering, she had tears in her eyes.

"When she's stronger and more stable, that can be arranged. For now we need to focus on her brain healing. I'll give you some time with her."

The doctor left the room, pulling the door shut behind him as he walked out. "Shit." Jax hissed pinching the bridge of his nose. "She's strong, she can handle it." Happy tried to reason. 

The monitors began beeping wildly and Andy started choke on her tube, but her eyes stayed closed. Doctors and nurses rushed into the room, "She's fighting the drugs, trying to wake up." The doctors tried to explain to them what was happening. "So let her wake up, let her talk to us. She needs to know we're here for her." Opie  said stepping closer to her.

"Her brain might not be able to handle it, it could cause serious damage. That's not a good idea."

"Do it," Happy snapped at the doctor, "she can take it."

The doctors reluctantly gave in to the orders of the bikers towering over them and began ordering the nurses to stop the meds and let her wake up.

Almost an hour later she woke up, she was groggy and confused but awake. "Hey, hey. We're here." Jax cooed, rushing to her side and holding her hand that wasn't broken. She recoiled from his touch, taking in a few panicky breaths. 

"Gemma," Andy coughed out, her eyebrows knitted together as she strained through the pain, "Gemma only."

The guys nodded reluctantly, and backed away from her. "We'll be outside," Jax kissed his moms cheek as they walked out to wait just outside the door.

"I'm right here, sweetheart." Gemma spoke softly pushing Andy's hair back away from her bandages.

"You can't let the guys retaliate, Gem. It's what they want, they want them all dead. They beat me, said I knew too much and I needed to die so I couldn't snitch. They took turns on me, Gem. Tore me apart from the inside," Andy's voice was choked and hoarse, she was straining to hold back tears, "they tossed me in a dumpster and left me for dead. They need to think I'm still dead or they'll come back. If you let me stay with Tig 'til I'm whole again, I'll leave. I'll never come back and hurt the club like this. Just please don't let me die like this." 

Gemma struggled to hold back her tears almost as much as Andy did, she nodded with a pained look on her face. "Okay, baby. Whatever you need, the club will take care of you. I'll take care of you." 

Andy coughed hard and gasped in pain, the coughing made the pain in her broken ribs almost too much to bear. "I'll send the Doc in and have one of the guys guard the door until we can get you home." Gemma promised before walking out to talk to the guys.