Capítulo Siete : "Do I even look pregnant to you?"

A cold, hard floor.

That is exactly the surface my face is met with when I wake up the following morning.

My body is curled in a fetal position, chills lining my exposed skin as a sign I am freezing.  The window on the side of the room is opened slightly, which evidently caused this room to drop in temperature overnight from the chilly air flowing through.

I rub my eyes slowly as a yawn escape my lips. The bed beside me begins to move as Ryder peeks his head from above to look at me.

"What were you dreaming about, darling?" Ryder smirks, staring at me in amusement.

I huff, "I was asleep all this time?"

"Yeah," he responds, "You fell asleep during the movie."

"I did?" I question, not believing his previous words.

He nods his head in agreement. My forehead creases in confusion as I recall the events from the previous nights. I am almost certain they did, in fact, transpire.

"What was the last thing that happened?" I ask.

"I asked you if you loved that son of a gun," he states nonchalantly as he eats a bowl of grapes.

I stand from my spot on the floor, stretching my body in the process. I turn to him slowly, observing for any signs of play, before I take a seat at the end of the bed. 

"You never answered by the way," he states, "You fell asleep somehow debating the answer in that little head of yours."

"My head is not little," I argue.

"Oh, but it is young one," he retaliates, "Otherwise you wouldn't be here ... with me."

I frown. I take a few breaths, counting slowly in my head, as I try refrain myself from smacking him repeatedly once more.

"I'm not exactly fond of you," I state, not an ounce of annoyance in my tone left unnoticed.

"Well, you kissed me so..." he trails off, his lips pouting towards the end.

I roll my eyes, "I didn't kiss you. If I recall- which I do- you initiated the kiss."

An unattractive snort escapes my lips as Ryder continues, "You enjoyed it darling."

He takes a grape from the bowl sitting on the bedside table beside him and pops it in.

I shut the door behind me and head down to the lobby. The young man that checked me in sits behind the main desk with a bored expression.

"Hey," I greet, "I would ask you if you're bored, but your face says it all."

"That noticeable, eh?" he responds.

"Very much so," I smile.

I lean against the desk, tapping my fingers arithmetically.  My face tilts to the side, resting on my elbow, as I smile at him a bit too animatedly. He looks at me uncomfortably, fixing his collar as he lets out a cough.

"Did you need anything?" he inquires.

"Can't a girl initiate a conversion without being questioned if there is a reason behind it?" I joke.

"Not really," he continues, "Girls always want something."

A snort escapes my mouth at his response.

"With that attitude, I can guarantee you do not have a girlfriend, "I state.

"I don't," he frowns.