Part 2: SUMMERTIME SADNESS

SUMMERTIME SADNESS

Lana's POV

I'm opening my eyes and all I can see is stars! I guess this should be heaven...A drunk person's heaven! I'm lying there motionless on the warm sand and all I can hear is the light summer breeze. The pale moon creates an unsteady reflection on the calm water and... I'm officially drunk!

So fucking drunk! I try to stand up and when I eventually succeed, I have to try even harder to remain steady. K is right next to me holding his guitar surrounded by dozens of beer cans. He plays a riff that sounds a lot like Lou Reed! It must be his...

K is my boyfriend...or more than that! He's my life, my inspiration, my man...It was back in December when I saw him for the first time entering the music bar I used to sing my songs to earn some money. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a long white shirt. His arms were covered in tattoos and his face was full of unusual piercings. He's around 30 years old and he's the youngest boyfriend I ever had!

"Kyle?" I asked him

"No."

"Kristopher?"

"No. And that's a C."

That was my little game. I tried (unsuccessfully) to guess his real name! He woudn't tell me!

"I'll give you a hint, DN..."

DN was my nickname. It stands for Deadly Nightshade! His idea...

"It is not the first letter of my name..."

"Fuck off, K! I'll never get it right"

I finish my sentence, he leans to me, removes my leather jacket, places his arms around my shoulders and starts kissing me softly! I feel so captivated at first, electric... I don't know if it's the kiss or the alcohol but I do feel like home, although I'm far away from home...

"I love you, Lizzy!" K mumbles

"Don't call me that!"

"Alright! Alright! I love you, Lana! You are my one and only nightshade"

With every kiss he gave me, I felt like we were closer to the end! This relationship is harming both of us. He is no good for me but I want him so much...I get discouraged and desperate when I am having those thoughts.

I feel sad! Incomplete. Hollow. Meaningless. I don't know why. It's summer! I'm in New York! With K! I shoudn't be like that... Still...Not happy! This summeritime sadness drags me down more and more every single day!

I stop the kiss and K is staring at me worried! "Please stop!" I say softly, yet strongly.

"What's going on, DN?"

"I can't...right now."

I grab one last cigarette that lies on the back of K's guitar and start smoking. Nothing is said.

"Shall we get out of here?" K suggests.

"Yes, please"

"Where are we heading to?"

Let me think...

"I need to get to my favourite club in the city. Right now."

"You mean..."

"Yeah! Take me to the 'Lonely Hearts'."

"But sugar, your heart is no longer lonely is it?"

My heart is always lonely... Not the best line to tell your boyfriend!

"I miss this place, K. It reminds me of...stuff!"

"Fine. Let's get on the motorcycle."

Ten minutes later, we are riding towards the Lonely Hearts Club! Yellow lights above us, tar below us, alcohol inside us, a fateful meeting ahead of us...