Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

~~~2 days later~~~

Rosetta’s POV:

I’d been two days since I’d seen the boys. We all kept in contact through text though. I’ve never been one to like texting. I was more of a retro kinda girl. I liked hearing people’s voices and writing letters. Writing in general was one of my favourite things, despite everyone thinking of me as a rebel. I was pretty smart in school. I was offered to skip a grade back in freshman year which I happily accepted to be closer to Jake who was a sophmore. I was good in all subjects but my English teacher always loved me for my writing skills. I even had a pen pal who I wrote to weekly and vice versa. We never exchanged names and well, we were pretty close. Okay my thoughts wander alot but oh well. I can write for hours, I tried one time and I ended up with a bunch of my thoughts in a 5 page essay. It started with how my day went and ended with my love of unicorns.

Jake and I talked all night on Sunday. I told him all about my trip and about the boys. According to him, Harry likes me and Liam’s on his way. I called him crazy, since he knows I promised myself never to get into relationships until my life is a bit more stable and since Liam probably has friend-zoned me by now. He only laughed at me. I was so confident that I bet him 50 bucks if any of them admit their ‘love’ for me and double if I end up with one of them by the end of the year.

I was going back to school for the first time since I met the boys. I can’t wait to get my money. I found another money earning thing in the contract we all co-wrote. Since the truck needed repairs, they owed me another 2000, totalling to 14,000! I grabbed the duffel and made my way to school.

I saw Katie and walked right up to her. “Hey, Katie!” I yelled.

She rolled her eyes and turned to me. “You got the stuff?” she yelled.

“Yep, you got the cash?” I asked.

“Yep, how much?” She asked.

“14,000,” I said she nodded and groaned.

“I brought 20,000, it’ll take a while to count 14,000,” She muttered.

“Oh, well you won’t be getting the stuff till I get the money,” I said turning to go to school.

“FINE! Here take all of it! I can’t wait to see all the stuff!” she said holding out 20,000.

I took it from her hands and gave her the bag. I was shaking with joy. I honestly couldn’t find it in me to go to school so I ran home.

“DON’T THINK THIS CHANGES ANYTHING!” She called after me, referring to the constant beating I received from her group. I never skipped school so if I called in sick, they’d probably believe me. Graduation was on Friday (it's Tuesday, it was a long weekend) so there’s not alot of work to be missed. Anyways, I can trust that Jake would be nice enough to bring me my books since he owes me for the week he was sick with chicken pox and I got it from him when I brought his books around.

I finally had 20,000! This meant that I could put down the down payment of the apartment and it’d be mine! My dad and mom only needed 15,000 to finish up the down payment but they never got around to it when dad died and mom turned to drugs and gambling, wasting all the cash from dad’s  will and insurance company.

I called up the manager. The manager was friends with me and I could trust him to take the money from me even though I was underage. He agreed and cheered for me. He knew how hard it was for me to keep up with the rent so the fact that I finally had enough to cover the down payment was celebratory.

He came up to the door and I handed him the 15,000. He smile and told me he’d cover the taxes. I shut the door behind him and thought of what I’d do with my 5000. I still had my weekly income from the auto shop which covered the monthly bills so I could blow the 5000 if I wanted. There really wasn’t a point to saving up since I probably wouldn’t need to pay for college or university due to my grades. I was almost assured a spot in Oxford, Yale, and Harvard. I still had to choose though but since school started in the late fall, I had the summer to figure out where I was going. (Its the second to last week of June but since graduation is at the end of the week, the seniors can skip the last week... most do) [Yeah, I dunno how that works but I just made it up... pretend its real]. I had no clue what I plan to study. Probably something  to do with writing.