Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(POV: Emily)

I stand to the side of the roof, making sure that none of the Chitauri attack them while Natasha and Dr. Selvig set up the computers connected to the portal machine. Any of the alien's hover crafts things that got to close to us, one of my hawks took care or I would freeze/ burn them.

"Emily," I hear Rosa call for me over the com link with some panic in her voice.

"Rosa, what's wrong," I ask her.

"It's the conceal, they have decided to send a Nuke to you guys. It will be there in about less then a minute. Fury is telling Stark now," Rosa explains.

"No," I whisper, truly scarred now.

I turn to Natasha and say, "I have to go, when you guys can close it tell the other's."

"Okay," Natasha replies.

I nod to both and then step to the edge of the roof. I activate my boots again and fly off, heading in the direction the Nuke is coming from.

"Tony, where are you at?" has Fury contacted you yet?" I ask over our con link.

"Ya, he's told me Little Element. I'm heading to it right now and I know just where to put it." He replies.

"Let me guess, into the portal," I guessed.

"Yep," he replies.

"Okay, first I'll clear a path for us. Second, don't argue with me on this, but I'm helping you put that Nuke where it belongs," I tell him.

"No Emily, I can do this myself," Tony argues.

"I don't care, I'm helping you," I argue back.

While still flying towards Tony and the bomb, I directed my hawks to clear a straight path for us. After a few seconds, I see Tony heading my way with the bomb on his back. I let him pass me and I turn around a follow him. A second or two later, I'm next to tony and grab the bomb to share some of the weight.

"You don't have to do this Emily. This would be a one-way trip for you and me," tony tells me.

"I know but I'm not letting you do this by yourself. Any was, my gifts can help us make sure their all destroyed," explain to him.

"You're a very stubborn person, you know that right," he replies.

"I know," I say.

Stark tower is coming up in front of us fast. We push up on the front of the bomb, heading straight into the sky, right to the portal.

"Rosalie," I call out.

"I'm here Emily, what do you need?" she asks.

"I'm sorry sister, I don't think I can keep my promise. I hope you can forgive me," I reply quietly.

"I do, just please try and come back. I need my big sister," she says with tears in her voice.

"You are a strong woman, never forget that," I tell her, "Rosa, I have two favors I need you to do for me."

"What's that?" she asks.

"First, when this is all over please go with Thor back to Asgard. His father knows about our parents and wishes to tell us. Please go and find out about our parents' history," I tell her.

"Okay, I will," she replies, "and what is the second favor?"

"Please tell Clint that I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up like we had planned. Also tell him that I lo... tell him goodbye for me," I say, changing my mind on what I truly wanted to say.