prologue

"really? fucking really?" harry sets the book in his lap and looks at the ceiling, biting his lip. and, yeah, he's crying. "no, this is not—absolutely not acceptable. fuck."

glancing back down at the page, harry continues to read the very end, but not before he wipes his cheeks free of the wetness, so he won't drip any salty tears on the book. he closes the book softly and stares at the cover for a few moments after he's finished. he's kind of comprehending what he's just read while staring at the quite catching cover; a black background and purple swirls with the faint image of two men, drawn, inside. it's called 'feathers' and, the f on feathers branches out into, you guessed it, a feather.

harry bangs his fist against the drawn man on the right: the one with wispy hair and a soft looking face.

"this isn't right." harry mumbles, tracing his finger along the man's facial outline. "you weren't supposed to—no."

he shakes his head, so that stray brown curls fall in front of his eyes. he pushes them away with his fingers, then sets the book on his side-table. he takes his laptop from where it rests on the end of his bed, and places it on his lap. immediately, he goes to his blog and posts:

you know what? fuck niall horan. why? for writing a sick book like 'feathers'. i can legitimately say i am in hate with niall horan. but, dammit, i loved the book. and i really loved louis. i just hate the end. like, what the fuck?

he's on the site for about twenty more minutes until a little one pops up next to the message symbol. excitedly, harry clicks it, and his jaw drops when he sees, apparently, that niall horan is the one who sent the message.

not hesitating, harry reads the message. he doesn't just skim it, either. he reads every detail of this precious message from his most hated (yet, most loved) author. how and why niall noticed him, out of all the furious bloggers, is unknown to the green-eyed lad. it starts with:

hi, reader. i have an offer.

-

wooh so here's the prologue. chapters will be longer and blah blah blah but i really love this idea and i hope you do, too! (just like, ignore the logic and you'll be fine; suspend disbelief.)