six

harry's beating himself up about his feelings for louis, because he knows he's not supposed to be here and he knows the feelings aren't supposed to be here, either.

but, he also knows that louis' can't die at the end. he has to stop that from happening, even if it means his heart strings will be getting tugged every step along the way.

as he watches zayn and louis, he reminds himself of why he's here. to set them up, and to save louis. mainly, to save louis, but getting credit for setting up your otp is a pretty cool, harry thinks.

(but maybe harry's not too sure if it's his otp anymore...)

anyway, harry feels like he's not giving the two any privacy, so he walks away, to spot liam. he waves, and the two meet in the middle.

"how're you doing?" liam asks, glancing over and louis and zayn.

"pretty well, with the setting up thing. also, i think louis might be starting to believe me." harry smirks, and liam gives him a high-five. "how's your.. girlfriend?"

"ah." liam purses his lips. "not my girlfriend." 

"good for you, mate!" harry cheers, obviously too excited for liam's liking.

"umm," liam mumbles. "she broke up with me." 

"what?!" harry furrows his eyebrows, not sure if he heard liam right. "but i told you..." 

"you did. and apparently she has super senses or something because she suddenly felt the need to tell me, also." 

"wow." harry sighs, frustrated. 

"but it's cool. i mean, rather that than be clueless, yeah?" liam looks down at his hands, biting his lip. 

harry, in his head, is hatching a plan. to get away from zouis, he could bring liam somewhere to cheer him up! of course, it's a little selfish, but it's not only good for harry, because he can tell liam needs it. 

"liam, let's go somewhere." harry suggests, then nearly facepalms because that was honestly a really awkward thing to say. 

"we are somewhere." liam replies, looking around at the festivities. 

"yeah. right. uh," harry is about to suggest that the pair go play something when he hears a high, familiar voice call, "harreh!"

he whips around to see louis coming towards him, zayn in tow. 

"show him your book!" louis demands, looking to zayn. "seriously, it's so weird. he claims he's from an alternate universe."

"i am from an alternate universe..." harry mumbles, taking the book out of his back pocket. he hasn't separated with it since he arrived at louis' house the morning prior. 

 he hands it over to zayn, and one of zayn's flawless eyebrows shoots up in suspicion. he parts the pages of the book and glances inside, before looking back up at harry. "it's blank." he says. 

"but it's not." liam speaks, then, and takes the book from zayn. he explains how he and harry can see it but not the immediate characters — zayn and louis. liam then explains how harry got here and all that, and harry's kind of glad he told liam everything, seeing as liam has better communication skills than he. 

"i have a hard time believing all this..." louis tells zayn, and zayn shrugs.

"i dunno. seems plausible i guess." he pauses. "i mean, with all that evidence they have." 

louis just sighs, crossing his arms. "i suppose." 

"yes!" harry cheers, "about time..." 

"hey, put yourself in my shoes, won't you?" louis scoffs, flipping harry off. 

harry just shakes his head, but is smiling because louis finally believes him. 

the four of them walk around the festival for another hour or so, before they decide to part ways. zayn and louis exchange phone numbers, and then harry and louis head back to the car they came in. 

while harry drives back to louis' house, he tries to stop thinking about how he feels for louis because he knows it can't happen. he knows it's probably just a phase and he'll get through it... but have you ever tried not thinking about something?

eventually they arrive back at louis' house, and thankfully louis lets harry in. he doesn't make harry scurry off to liam's — which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he'd rather stay at louis'. 

louis flops onto the couch, laying across the whole thing with his head falling off the edge, so he's looking at harry upside down. a laugh bubbles out from his chest and he grabs the remote, turning on football. 

"are you any good at football?" louis asks, still sitting so that his head is upside down. 

"no, not really." harry smiles. "with my knowledge and understanding of the game, i feel like i should be a lot better at it."

"i think it's your lanky legs." louis replies, winking. 

"hey..." harry pouts, and then louis gets engulfed in the game, sitting back up straight and putting his elbow on his knees. 

harry, not very interested, takes out the book. he starts to read a page, but the words aren't familiar. he flips back a few pages and sights the name "harry" on the page. his eyes grow as wide as saucers as he reads the festival scene that just happened. that was not in the original book! 

he flips a few pages forwards and all the sudden the words are changing before his eyes. the words are disappearing and new ink fills their place! the whole story is being rewritten in harry's hands...

harry blinks a few times, shutting the book. it makes a sharp slapping sound, so louis looks over, inquisitively. harry shakes his head and opens it again, to make sure he didn't imagine the words changing... and they're still going. word by word, the book harry once read is becoming something different all together. 

"what's wrong?" louis asks. 

oh, your life is just being rewritten...

"uh.. it's nothing."

-

ok seriously im sorry this took so long to update

what's a book you wish could be rewritten?