four

"so, harry," louis asks, a bit later, after the initial conversation with liam. "where're you staying?"

harry doesn't respond, because, of course, he hadn't thought ahead. he just figured he'd stay with louis. he didn't expect louis to not accept it.

"umm," he starts. "i don't have a place to stay because i don't live in this universe."

"bullshit!" louis yells.

"lou.." liam drags. "harry, why don't you stay with me?" liam asks the boy, whom is looking very distraught.

harry's looking that way because he's being rejected by his favorite character, ever. and, he's not going to lie, it stings. louis is not acting like louis should, according to the book. he should be funny and sarcastic and loud. not so... un-louis. (in harry's opinion, anyway.)

to liam, however, this seemed normal. after all, harry had only known louis through the book, which is basically just louis and zayn.

"i- uh, okay." harry replies to liam's previous question. liam was in the book, too. he is trustworthy enough to spend the night with.

"what if he's a murderer, li?" louis speaks harshly, eyeing harry.

liam visibly rolls his eyes, and says, "this kid? you think he could hurt me?" he then flexes his biceps and smiles cheekily at the two others.

"okay, payno. we get it, you're stronger than us." louis rolls his eyes back, as to mock liam.

"damn right i am."

at that moment, a phone started going off and they could hear it from down the hallway. louis hurries into his bedroom, and harry takes this as his chance to ask liam some things.

first, he asks how he could win louis over. make him believe.

liam replies with that louis is very cynical. he doesn't really trust peoples' motives.

but, harry thinks, his motives are very important. like, he's pretty sure louis would not doubt his motives if he knew that they all were solely based on saving his life.

louis walks back in, shortly after. he clears his throat when he walks in, to get the others' attention. "stan called. he wants me to help him at this charity football event, and i'm going to, so..."

harry looks at him expectantly.

"that means you have to go," louis states. "somewhere that's not my house."

harry nods, looking to liam, who is standing up. harry then stands, too.

"bye, lou. have fun." liam waves, despite the fact they are only a few feet apart from each other.

"see ya', li." louis responds.

"bye, louis." harry smiles, and louis frowns and nods back at him.

harry's smile drops, and he turns away so louis won't see the hurt look on his face.

liam walks out of the house first, followed by harry. they walk together to liam's car, and soon enough they're on their way. it takes them ten minutes to get to liam's house and pull into the driveway of the flat.

"do you think," harry starts, after he walks into liam's house. "i will grow on him?"

"who, louis?"

"no, the prime minister. yes, louis!" harry rolls his eyes and liam snorts.

"i don't know," liam responds. "if all the things that you said will happen do, then i think there's a pretty good chance that he'll start to believe you."

"and, why did you believe me so quickly?" harry ponders.

"what, are you saying i shouldn't believe you?" liam smirks. "you know what they say.. if you already believe in something, it's really easy to be convinced it's real."

"i didn't believe in alternate universes until i was sent to one." harry replies. "and even when niall told me what to do... i thought it was silly. but here i am, sitting with a character in a book that i just read..." harry drags, kind of taking it all in. "holy shit. i am with the liam payne."

"the liam payne?" liam asks, amused. "why so important?"

"you are very important!" harry enthuses. "you're louis' best friend... and whenever he needs help with something or needs something fixed or anything that involves manual labor, really, you're there for him." harry smiles at how lazy louis can be. "and you have a great personality. like, isn't it weird that i've only met you today but i know so much about you?"

"it's strange, that's for sure."

"oh!" harry exclaims. "i have to tell you something. i'm not sure if it's against the rules but i don't think it will change the book too much..."

"get on with it!" liam pushes, now curious.

"break up with your girlfriend. she's cheating on you."

liam doesn't say anything, then. he bites his lip and looks at the ground for a little while, thinking.

"sorry, um.. if you didn't want to know. it's just that you got so sad in the book when you walked in on them and i would rather you know beforehand then to experience it..."

"yeah, yeah. thanks, harry. you're a good guy. i'll put in a good word or two with louis."

"i don't think a few words will ease the hate louis has towards me." harry replies immediately.

"he doesn't hate you.. he's skeptical. and confused."

"he hates me."

"and you love him?"

"i do."

-

okayy so this is really short and i could have a super long authors note explaining why i havent updated but i'll just give you one word: school

if you think it's weird that harry said he loves louis remember that he was/is so emotionally attached to him... like i was to augustus waters *sobs*

who's a book character that you love?