five

"louis, it's me!" harry shouts at the closed door. 

"go away..." louis grumbles, but goes to get the door anyway. 

"you have to go meet zayn today!" harry exclaims. "well, for the second time, anyway."

"oh, right. that festival thing where a guy is going to compliment my shoes. what fun."

and harry's not going to lie, he's offended. being offended by your favorite character, ever, is not a good feeling. but, he shakes it off, and grabs louis' hand. he kind of towers over louis, so it makes the situation seem intimidating even though it's not. 

"look, louis, i know you don't want to believe me. honestly, i get it. sure, it's strange. but i'm here, and i'm not lying, and i'm also not leaving. so, you can get over yourself and stop acting so stubborn. i'm not saying you have to believe me, but i'd like if you'd stop ridiculing me and give me a chance." 

"tell me one thing, then. what makes my life so interesting? what makes the book about my life so interesting?"

"i can't tell..."

"and what happens if you do? a magical fairy comes down from the sky and whisks you back into your own universe? i don't think so. tell me." louis demands. 

harry takes a deep breath, before saying, "what makes it so interesting is that..." he starts, not sure how to phrase it. "um, well, first of all, your clashing personalities are amazing and hilarious. but most of all," he pauses. "is that you're gay."

"what? how the hell does that make it interesting?"

"well, being a gay male myself... there aren't many published books that describe gays as normal people... and you're so amazing at being yourself," harry goes off into a daze. "the book is kind of a really nice thing for the gay community... and that fact itself mixed in with all the colorful discussions and fights and love and lust... it's just wonderful."

"so it's like any other cheesy romance book except we're gay." louis states, disappointed. 

"no! no. there's so much more.. so much i can't tell you. you're going to do so much, i just have to keep you safe." harry says the last part to himself, so that louis can't hear him. 

"why can't you tell me?"

"niall-"

"shut up about niall. you just told me all that, and nothing happened. now, why can't you tell me?"

harry sighs. he turns away from louis, though their hands are still together. 

"do you really want your life spoiled in front of your eyes?"

before louis can reply, harry drags him out of the house and into his car. "now, off to the festival!" 

during the ride, louis is digesting the information he just received, and he's not sure if he likes it. 

yes, zayn is very attractive. like, god status. but, is he really louis' type? dark hair, dark eyes, dark personality... is that really what louis wants? he's not sure, himself. 

harry, on the other hand, is sure. he's sure that louis is going to love zayn and hate him at the same time, which is what soulmates are, right? harry knows what will happen, but he doesn't know about this doubt that's swirling around in louis' head. it had definitely not been there in the book. 

when they finally arrive, harry tells louis to go off ahead. harry doesn't want to mess with what's supposed to happen. (little does he know, he already has.) 

so, harry follows louis from about twenty feet behind, until he gets sidetracked and ends up buying some food from a really hot vendor guy. 

louis, on the other hand, just about walked past zayn, when zayn himself notices louis and started to walk alongside the shorter man. 

"hey, we ran into each other at tesco! i'm sorry for not apologizing." he smiles. "by the way, i love your shoes."

louis' jaw drops, but he quickly picks it back up. he glances down at his shoes, which are marvel toms. 

"thanks." louis grins. 

"though, i do really like batman." zayn raises an eyebrow.

"me too, but spiderman is where it's at." louis replies, beaming at his shoes. maybe zayn is his type. 

"how about i buy you something? to make up for not apologizing?" zayn suggests with a shrug, and louis nods in approval. free food is always a yes. 

"anything specific you want?" zayn asks. 

"no, not really. surprise me." louis responds, then follows zayn through the mass of people mulling around the festival. 

they end up at a place that just sells burgers, but zayn insists that they are really amazing. he orders two.

"would you like to eat by the beach, maybe?"

"that sounds lovely." louis can't seem to wipe the smile off his face. 

the duo walk to the beach, and sit on a bench. louis applauds zayn's choice in their meal when he takes a bite of his burger, which is really good. 

meanwhile, harry's looking for louis. he couldn't be far, the park is only so big. harry decides that the beach is a plausible place for him to be, if he's met zayn yet. (which, of course, he has.)

harry spots him sitting on a bench, laughing with zayn. a sudden pang of jealousy flashes through him, but it's gone as quickly as it came. harry's job is to set them up, and make sure louis doesn't perish at the end. he's not allowed to develop feelings, though it may be inevitable...

-

so i know some of you don't like zouis but you'll have to power through it til we can get to the larry, okay? it's pretty much really absolutely necessary to the plot.

what's something that you didn't believe until you saw it happen?