seven

the days pass, then, and louis doesn't notice that harry's been exponentially more quiet, because he's too absorbed in the god-like zayn malik.

harry's not talking, of course, because he doesn't know what to say. the book - his favorite book - is morphing, changing; it's not the same book that harry gave the title "favorite" to.

also, all pages beyond the moment in time that it is, are blank for harry. he knows that this means he's a major character, so he can't read it. fore-knowledge is a dangerous thing, isn't it?

liam knows about the rewritten pages, and he can read the rest of the book, but he doesn't. he would rather not know the futures of nearly everyone he associates with.

harry's frustrated, now, because, how is he supposed to stop louis from dying when he won't know what's coming next? it's quite nearly impossible, he thinks.

overall, harry wishes this whole thing was easier. like, he could've not gotten involved, just let the natural events take over, and jumped in at the end to save louis. but, no. that's not what he did. 

and now that he has time to think about it, harry wonders how he'll get home. is he just going to, like, fall asleep one day and wake up back home? he desperately wishes he'd asked niall for more details.

so, for the time being, harry is staying at liam's house. he figures he can interfere less that way. (plus, maybe he just doesn't want to see zayn and louis all the time. the might have been his otp before, but that was then. this is now. [if you're wondering, in the now, harry has succumbed to his feelings for louis. he can't deny them, so he's trying to get them to go away.])

while harry's sitting on liam's couch with the graham norton show on in the background, he flips through the pages of the book, once again. it annoys him to see their vast white expanses on nearly every page.

liam's out with zayn and louis - poor guy, third wheeling - and harry was invited, but he decided not to go. let them have their time, corruption free.

what surprises harry is when liam gets home and zayn is with him - without louis. harry didn't remember any sort of relationship between zayn and liam in the book, mostly they just talked when louis was with them. but, then again, this is not the book harry had read. this is all new.

"hey, harry." liam greets the man on the couch first, and zayn nods at him.

"hi guys." harry responds, tucking the book to his side. "what's up?"

liam looks at zayn, "nothing, really. i wanted to show zayn some stuff."

"like what?" harry asks, trying not to sound too nosy but really wanting to know.

"my record collection. i have some pretty cool stuff." liam shrugs.

"oh, alright." harry nods at them.

"and harry," liam says, "i do have movies and stuff you can watch. they're in the cabinet under the tv. also, you can eat whatever you'd like."

"thanks, liam," harry smiles, "really."

"no problem." liam then leads zayn down the hallway and they disappear into the basement.

harry then takes liam's advice and walks over to the cabinet that's holding the dvds, and sits on the floor in front of it. he opens it and sifts through the films, until he settles for wall-e. he pushes it into the dvd player and then walks into the kitchen while it runs through the previews.

he makes himself some popcorn and a glass of water, and then walks back into the living room and flops onto the couch. he groans when he realizes he left his phone on the floor in front of the television, and so he does that thing where he leaves his feet on the couch and crawls on his hands to grab his phone. (it's probably more work than actually getting up, but whatever.)