one

louis wakes up to the sound of a doorbell ringing through his house. he doesn't feel like getting out of bed, so he ignores the sound and hopes whoever had made it will leave. 

when the bell goes off again, louis pulls his pillow over his head to block the noise. he lets out a soft groan, but still tries to forget about whoever it is at the door. 

the third time, however, pisses louis off. sleep, he wants sleep! it's got to be early, it's dark in the room and the windows are uncovered - louis checks the clock beside his bed. he is surprised when the illuminated red numbers read 10:43. 

glancing out the window, he notes that it's pouring outside - the reason for why it is still dark. 

suddenly, louis feels bad for the person that is waiting on his doorstep. he or she is probably soaked, through and through. as the caring part of louis emerges, he finds himself getting out of bed and walking to the door. (he doesn't like the fact that his hair is a mess and his eyes are still puffy from sleep, but he dislikes the fact that there is a drenched person on his doorstep more.)

louis opens the door as soon as the person is pressing the doorbell button the fourth time. the boy is striking, really. his jade eyes look curious and quite excited, his hair drips down his face an onto the already sopped material of his shirt, and his figure is tall and lean. louis immediately finds himself attracted.

when this boy makes eye contact with louis, he freezes in place. his jaw drops, and he just stares at louis, like he's some kind of rare species. louis stands there, not sure what to think. 

after a few more ticks of silence, a boom of thunder rumbles through the air: a reality check for both of them. they both start speaking at the same time; louis saying, "i think you should come in." and the other boy saying, in an awestruck voice, "you're louis tomlinson."

to which, the boys both apologize and the boy asks louis to repeat himself. "come inside." louis commands, so the boy obliges. "you need dry clothes." louis states, scurrying to his room and grabbing one of his over-sized sweaters an a pair of sweatpants. (see, the boy is a bit bigger than louis, and he probably wouldn't fit in much of louis' clothing.)

"i - uh, thank you." the boy thanks slowly, eyeing louis as if he's to disappear at any moment. 

"the bathroom is through that hall," louis points, "and it's the first door on the right."

louis then waits for the boy to come back, and really hopes he's not a murder or anything of the type. while he waits, he walks into the kitchen and begins to boil some water for tea, because for one, louis wants some, and for two, the poor lad is probably near frozen. 

minutes later, the boy comes into the kitchen, with his hair still dripping wet. "you need a towel; i'll get you a towel." louis insists, walking to a closet that has various towels, cloths, and cleaning supplies. he takes hold of a bath towel and brings it back into the kitchen, where the boy stands. 

louis hands it to him, and then bluntly asks, "why are you here?" 

he shakes his head, seemingly in disbelief, before he replies with, "you're going to need to be sitting for me to tell you." he then ducks his head down, and rubs the towel over his hair. "my name's harry, by the way." it sounds muffled when he says it, because of the towel. 

"i'm louis."

"yes, i know." harry takes the towel away from his head, and hands it back to louis. 

louis raises an eyebrow at harry, but doesn't say anything in response. he walks into the bathroom and hangs the used towel up to dry. when he comes back, harry is ruffling his still damp hair with his fingers, trying to get his fringe right. 

"would you like any tea, then? i'm boiling water." louis nods towards the stove. 

"yeah, yeah, that'd be great." harry scans the room, taking in his surroundings. 

"i'm really sorry that i didn't answer the door right away." louis apologizes, guilt lacing his speech. "i don't know how long you were out there and just - i'm sorry."

"it's fine, really." 

louis nods, but still feels bad. harry's probably caught a cold, now. (but, what can louis say? he loves sleep.)

louis notices that a book with a black cover has been set on his counter, presumably put there by harry, when a sharp whistling pierces through the calm silence. knowing that it's the water, louis strides over to the stove and turns it off, then takes two mugs from the cabinet next to him. he pours the hot water into the two cups, then shows harry the selection of teas to choose from. harry picks peppermint, and unwraps the tea bag and sets it in the boiled water. 

soon, louis has made his own tea and he has a suggestion, "why don't we sit in the living room and you tell me why you're here?" 

now, louis isn't going to lie and say he's not the slightest bit creeped out, because he totally is. just because this guy is attractive and probably younger than him, doesn't mean he's not a mass murderer. you just never know about those things.

harry nods, following louis to the living room, but not without snatching the book. louis sits on the couch, so harry sits on the chair adjacent. 

louis tosses harry a blanket, then demands, "now, explain."

"i know you're not going to believe me. heck, i don't even believe me. just, hear me through, alright?"

"yeah." louis gets antsy, waiting for harry to speak. 

"well, i'm from an alternate universe..."

-

so chapters are going to vary in length, basically whenever i feel is a good time to end the chapter.

i hope you're interested!